Pressing Enter fast after pasting URL while creating a post publishes the post

Delicieuxz

This has happened to me several times: While typing out a post including an OP, pasting a video link and then rapidly pressing enter after pasting it, the OP immediately publishes, rather than creating an indent.

When this has happened I wasn't close to being done typing out the post, so it's inconvenient and disruptive.

Testing it right now, it seems that for a half-second after pasting a YouTube link (or maybe any link?), the post / edit button is somehow selected, and so pressing enter causes the in-progress post to publish.

So, ctrl+v pasting this following URL and then rapidly hitting enter quickly afterwards causes the post to publish:

https://youtu.be/9Ugp8F7KefE

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

3 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

CTRL-Enter is a shortcut to submit posts in this forum engine ._. you might have just invoked it accidentally

I didn't know that. That's what's happening, then.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987