Kotaku UK Accused of Racism After Trying to Accuse Nintendo, Super Smash Bros., and Persona 5 of Insulting Disabled People

Slurs Gang
1 minute ago, Derangel said:

Its easy to take it as a negative. I grew up in a heavily religious area where people constantly harped on about homosexuality being a "sin" and "against god" and all that bullshit. The term "abnormal" was thrown around quite a lot as well. It makes it very challenging to separate the emotional harm that did and try to look at the subject from a bit more of a "scientific" approach.

I'm an atheist who grew up in heavily christian communities (although I imagine other people who grew up under other religions have it much worse) so you don't need to tell me.

The problem I find, is that quite A LOT of these people refuse to allow anyone to question their own beliefs, and immediately jump to yelling "racism/sexism/bigotry/homophobia/etc" instead of engaging in rational discourse. I see a lot of it as the city I am in now is a college city with a heavy SJW presence.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

7 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

Because their hormonal regulation systems are shot. That's the actual "disorder".

that's also what my gut tells me about the situation, that its something in that direction.

Thyroid problems IIRC also cause some psychological issues (like mood swings/agression for example).

7 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

The other issue, at least in children, is BPD Mothers. We're not sure, yet, whether the BPD mothers is cause or effect, though, as it might be the genetic problems that cause BPD damage the regulatory systems or the BPD mothers force their children into complete emotional confusion.  Most major psychological issues can be "forced" on a person, which is one of the reasons for a lot of the ethics approaches in psychology. Most especially after the "Repressed Memory" disaster. (Convincing children they were sexual abused when they were is a horrible, horrible thing.)

That reminds me of an Episode of an Anime I've seen. (Dantalian no Shoka), episode 2...

Spoiler

Its about a young woman, who tends to murder people for no real reason. It is then said that the harsh training she had to endure as a child might have caused this situation.

Or just take for example the TV Series Dexter...

But yeah, that is probably one of the issues.

What Jordan Peterson tends to talk about is the socializing of children. If you don't do it before they're 4, it will never happen.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

3 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

Since Trans went "trendy", the BPD connection is recent. (Borderline Personality Disorder, for those that don't know the term. Generally best known for being physically incapable of reading emotions on faces and bouts of a massive lack of self control.) First layer is to suspect those cases are simply the BPD mother looking for attention and breaking their children with it, though if you come from genetics that busted up, strange things can crop up. We'll have a better idea in the future, but BPD ruins a lot of people, the people with it and those around them.

As for the suicide part, the problem is we talk about Suicide as an "event". It isn't. It's a process. The process breaks down your self-preservation instinct. The most fascinating part is that the Idea of Suicide is the pain point that normally does it. It relates to the interaction of hormones, the gut and the nervous system. If one of those is badly damaged, broken or ineffective, it causes the spiral rapidly. 

We're pretty far down the road that "medical disorders" aren't "mental" at all. They're physical ailments of various kinds that poison & distort the thought process of the Mind. There's some computer analogies that sort of work for it. That's why when the shouting on this stuff gets going, it's always a tad sad. Most with mental issues need a structured diet more than they do anti-psychotics.

Interesting stuff.

I have a sister with a damaged brain (drugs, epilepsy, and PTSD from an abusive marriage) combined with already existent digestive issues from childhood. We try to help her but she's...... not open to the treatment we think she needs (she need to be in a care facility, her mind is that bad). At this point I'm just waiting for that call that I hope never comes.

The doctors told us (well, my parents) when she was in High School her petit mall seizures were severe, thousands a day. The worst part is, the shit they have her on for that, is the shit she shouldn't be on because of the drug issue.

17 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

Yeah you can't prove that

However, a simple examination of which sub demographics of gender dysphoria suffers indicates the opposite.

Simply put, the ~40% attempted suicide rate does not change with environmental factors.

We've only historically seen that type of suicide rate that wasn't dependent on outside forces: severe mental illness.

The only other circumstances that result in attempted suicide rates that high are genocide and extreme oppression (a la North Korea, the Holocaust, slavery, etc).

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

19 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

Yeah you can't prove that. Unless you can ask the dead why they killed themselves and get an answer. In which case I recommend you seek some psychiatric help of your own.

13 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

No, we do not have any proof of that.

We don't know what it is.

We know too little about it.

Oh, you want proof, do you? Have you asked any trans people what is causing their suicidal idealization? Why not go ask for them? I'm cis so I can't speak on their behalf, but I absolutely, 100% guarantee you that it's because of people treating them like ha ha funi joek xd... because that is what every single trans person I've seen say causes it. And I've seen probably a... couple thousand trans people say that.

That is an outright lie.

People in certain circles are absolutely glorifying it because of victim points and other shit.

Wich is also the reason why there is the term "transtrender".

Do you have any proof of this yourself? In a court, if you want to make an argument you need to provide proof of this.

Do you have any proof of your claim?

My claim is that I don't know enough, thus demand more research, knowledge.

Yes, because I'm part of the trans rights movement.

19 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

Some of us are really just concerned that the modern day medical industry... might just be taking advantage of people for financial gain? Not a huge assumption really considering a lot of what the medical industry does.

You are right there, but for different reasons. Insurance companies are taking advantage of us for profit. As for using drug-based HRT to treat gender dysphoria, that's the best we got right now.

2 minutes ago, Nowak said:

Oh, you want proof, do you? Have you asked any trans people what is causing their suicidal idealization? Why not go ask for them? I'm cis so I can't speak on their behalf, but I absolutely, 100% guarantee you that it's because of people treating them like ha ha funi joek xd... because that is what every single trans person I've seen say causes it. And I've seen probably a... couple thousand trans people say that.

Do you have any proof of this yourself? In a court, if you want to make an argument you need to provide proof of this.

You are right there, but for different reasons. Insurance companies are taking advantage of us for profit. As for using drug-based HRT to treat gender dysphoria, that's the best we got right now.

Have you not considered that it's easier for them to say "it's because of the bullying" rather than "I hate what I am, and I hate that I can't be what I want to be"? At this point all we have is their accusations, and our own accusations that they aren't being honest. Until we can read their minds and determine the real truth, we are at an impasse.

Maybe blaming the bullying is the only thing keeping them from suicide, and at some point when they feel guilty about that, the cognitive dissonance breaks and they end up taking their own lives.

It's always easier to blame someone else for your problems. Always.

Just now, Trik'Stari said:

Have you not considered that it's easier for them to say "it's because of the bullying" rather than "I hate what I am, and I hate that I can't be what I want to be"?

It's always easier to blame someone else for your problems. Always.

True...

(that being said I'd rather not blame anyone else for my persistent shoulder issues because that literally was caused by me and me alone)

1 minute ago, Nowak said:

Lauren Southern becomes a man?
Canadian Bill C16??

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

1 minute ago, Nowak said:

True...

(that being said I'd rather not blame anyone else for my persistent shoulder issues because that literally was caused by me and me alone)

Again, I don't seek to bully anyone. Other than those who seek to blame others for all of their problems, and those who seek to gain by being a "victim". Which is a VERY common problem these days. Personally I blame our college system and what is being taught in it.

I will also bully and offend those who attempt to control what I say and think. If you want to try to convince me of something fine, but to say I am not allowed to think, feel, or speak a certain way? Those people can get fucked.

1 minute ago, Trik'Stari said:

Interesting stuff.

I have a sister with a damaged brain (drugs, epilepsy, and PTSD from an abusive marriage) combined with already existent digestive issues from childhood. We try to help her but she's...... not open to the treatment we think she needs (she need to be in a care facility, her mind is that bad). At this point I'm just waiting for that call that I hope never comes.

They made it extremely difficult to commit people for few reasons years ago, but it did so much damage.

From that description, it's the gut issues. Life-long intestinal inflammation means life-long malnutrition. Badly formed neurological and organ structures which cause outlier reactions. PTSD is a chunk of the upper brain stem being overloaded and causing signaling damage, limiting the ability to handle stress. 

If she never saw another carb again in her life, she'd be better off. If you could convince her that Keto Diets are the Holy Grail or something, she'd likely be a lot better off.

2 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

Lauren Southern becomes a man?
Canadian Bill C16??

Huh? What does Lauren Southern becoming a man have to do with this? Also, despite what Jordan Peterson says, Bill C-16 doesn't actually include criminalizing not using preferred pronouns, so that point's invalid.

2 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

They made it extremely difficult to commit people for few reasons years ago, but it did so much damage.

From that description, it's the gut issues. Life-long intestinal inflammation means life-long malnutrition. Badly formed neurological and organ structures which cause outlier reactions. PTSD is a chunk of the upper brain stem being overloaded and causing signaling damage, limiting the ability to handle stress. 

If she never saw another carb again in her life, she'd be better off. If you could convince her that Keto Diets are the Holy Grail or something, she'd likely be a lot better off.

I'm actively avoiding all non necessary communication with her, for my own mental well being (she's a generally toxic person who turns any and all conversations back to herself, and always ends up being an argument)

I'll message you more, if you want. But I don't want to get into details here.

2 minutes ago, Nowak said:

Huh? What does Lauren Southern becoming a man have to do with this? Also, despite what Jordan Peterson says, Bill C-16 doesn't actually include criminalizing not using preferred pronouns, so that point's invalid.

There was a video on youtube, by a canadian trans lawyer, who said that's absolutely what it is about. It's been taken down though.

Also if you read the bill, and actually think about it like a lawyer (I.E. try to distort it for what you want), that's absolutely what it is. Just because they use terms like "hatred" doesn't change that. Maybe they need to word it better.

Just now, Trik'Stari said:

I'm actively avoiding all non necessary communication with her, for my own mental well being (she's a generally toxic person who turns any and all conversations back to herself, and always ends up being an argument)

I'll message you more, if you want. But I don't want to get into details here.

Understandable. You can't help someone that actively makes it impossible to interact with them. If you want a further technical explanation for what I'm talking about, hit up a PM.

3 minutes ago, Nowak said:

Asking someone why they're depressed and suicidal can produce different results depending on when you ask them. I've suffered with severe depression since I was around 8. I have some theories on what triggered it and what has kept it such a big problem in my life for 26 years, but I couldn't tell you what triggers it from moment to moment. At least not in a way that would make sense to anyone, not even myself. That kind of treatment from people will definitely add to it and could bring those feelings to the forefront, but so could saying something as simple as "its raining outside". Trik is right as well, its easy to point at poor treatment and say "that caused it" because its an easy target and one that would make sense to us and others. Given how society reacts to mental illness it is also a lot easier than saying "I have a problem" as well.

Just now, Derangel said:

Asking someone why they're depressed and suicidal can produce different results depending on when you ask them. I've suffered with severe depression since I was around 8. I have some theories on what triggered it and what has kept it such a big problem in my life for 26 years, but I couldn't tell you what triggers it from moment to moment. At least not in a way that would make sense to anyone, not even myself. That kind of treatment from people will definitely add to it and could bring those feelings to the forefront, but so could saying something as simple as "its raining outside". Trik is right as well, its easy to point at poor treatment and say "that caused it" because its an easy target and one that would make sense to us and others. Given how society reacts to mental illness it is also a lot easier than saying "I have a problem" as well.

Alright, alright, maybe that was a bad suggestion. But, everything I've seen suggests it's because of what I said, even if it is easier to blame others.

Nintendo: *creates awesome song for a mature audience with one single slur*

Laura Dale: *tries calling out Nintendo for this even though it's perfectly acceptable for the targeted audience*

Nintendo:

maxresdefault.jpg

*Insert Witty Signature here*

System Config: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/Tncs9N

26 minutes ago, Salv8 (sam) said:

Nintendo: *creates awesome song for a mature audience with one single slur*

Laura Dale: *tries calling out Nintendo for this even though it's perfectly acceptable for the targeted audience*

Nintendo:

maxresdefault.jpg

Nintendo didn't create the song. Its a song from Persona 5.

so "you're ableist because i THOUGHT I HEARD the word "retarded" in this song"

and "you're racist becasue you misheard someone's accent"

what the fuck has this world become

before you flip shit and accuse me of being homophobic, refer to example 3 of the oxford dictionary

Definition of gay in English:

3 informal, offensive Foolish, stupid, or unimpressive.

‘he thinks the obsession with celebrity is totally gay’

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/gay

maxresdefault.jpg

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

So now the word "retarded" itself is contagious.

Earth is flat, sub to pewd.

8 hours ago, looking for a keyboard said:

clown world

The whole situation really pains me but something you'd only see in a clown world... ???

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

4 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

And there are also similar things, where people think that their excrements do not belong to them.

That.....made for very disturbing mental imagery. :S

4 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

We usually do not let them amputate those parts and treat it differently.

I believe you meant extremities. xD

TIL racism can be construed in any argument where the other person does not share your race, even if no one ever said anything racist. 

TIL ableism is a thing. 

TIL we care about the purposefully inflammatory opinions of random people on the Internet a lot more than is reasonable. 

That's an F in the profile pic