Kotaku UK Accused of Racism After Trying to Accuse Nintendo, Super Smash Bros., and Persona 5 of Insulting Disabled People

Slurs Gang
4 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

The author is clearly mishearing it due to her accent

I wouldn't put it past him to be blatantly lying in order to bring back the spotlight on #Gamergate bullshit.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

56 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

Nobody claimed they were.

By definition, Racism is the discrimination of a race.

Her whole "I shouldn't be in trouble for my unfinished piece that my boss altered and published" is stupid. The article should have never have even written in the first place. If she would've took a step back and thought "Is this worth writing about?" she wouldn't be in this situation.

4 minutes ago, Blancaster said:

Her whole "I shouldn't be in trouble for my unfinished piece that my boss altered and published" is stupid. The article should have never have even written in the first place. If she would've took a step back and thought "Is this worth writing about?" she wouldn't be in this situation.

According to her statement, she was ordered to write about it after asking her boss if they heard the same thing she did. Even without that, its not wrong to write up a draft and then save it to wait for a response from parties involved. If Laura is telling the truth then her boss decided to edit the article and publish it while the internet was talking about Joker and P5 in order to maximize exposure and clicks.

The debate about what exactly is said in the song has been going on since P5 released and the official lyrics don't included the soft spoken lines in that part of the song. So its not like she could look up the lyrics in order to get a response.

1 minute ago, Stefan Payne said:

Why are you insulting me?! Don't you have any arguments for your position?

Oh wait, you don't. As the term is called "Gender Dysphoria" and is a mental condition. You can look it up.

So why don't you care about possible Issues that people you might or might not be talking to have, for example Autism or depression??

With THAT Background, you still believe the shit that that person is saying?!

Why?

Because it would be "transphobic" to not believe it?!

Yeah and who wrote this shit?!
The Boss?? Did the Boss write it?!
Is it so hard to own hte shit you do??

Oh wait, personal responsibility isn't just a right wing position, its even alt-right!!111

How dare I mention that...

Because the usual SJW types can't take resposibility for the shit they do and blame everything but themselves for the shit they pull.

Oh, so you're one of the fans of that person...

What do you say about the claim about the "Transphobic" shit on stage, back in the day??
Why should I believe a Person that makes shit up to get "Victim Points" for anything??

"Its a mental disorder" isn't a great argument. Homosexuality was called that at one time as well. Also, you do realize that a "treatment" for gender dysphoria is letting the person be the gender they feel they are, right? People love to harp on about it being a "mental disorder" but completely ignore what the recommended treatments for it are.

Why would Kotaku's background make her story hard to believe?

You love throwing around random nonsense that means nothing and has fuck all to do with the post. Almost like you would rather rant and rave instead of forming a fucking argument.

Fan? I dunno, maybe. I like some of her writing. My initial reaction to the article was a solid "WTF". No rage or anger about it, just confusion about why it was posted and why in such a definitive manner. Then I stepped back and watched as things unfolded. I hadn't even seen her latest statement on it until I looked in this topic.

12 minutes ago, Derangel said:

"Its a mental disorder" isn't a great argument. Homosexuality was called that at one time as well. Also, you do realize that a "treatment" for gender dysphoria is letting the person be the gender they feel they are, right? People love to harp on about it being a "mental disorder" but completely ignore what the recommended treatments for it are.

You love throwing around random nonsense that means nothing and has fuck all to do with the post. Almost like you would rather rant and rave instead of forming a fucking argument.

Fan? I dunno, maybe. I like some of her writing. My initial reaction to the article was a solid "WTF". No rage or anger about it, just confusion about why it was posted and why in such a definitive manner. Then I stepped back and watched as things unfolded. I hadn't even seen her latest statement on it until I looked in this topic.

The funny part being that the only two options for homosexuality are that it is either a mental disorder, or if a "gay gene" is ever actually found, a genetic disorder. Not that it's a bad thing, not judging, but it is an "abnormality" no matter the cause. No reason to criminalize it or take any action against it, but there's nothing harmful about recognizing a behavior for what it might be. Edit: You could call it "aberration" if "abnormality" is too judgmental.

Also, don't throw words like "bigotry" around. From your arguments you seem like the type that does that often; and people who do so, rarely know what it actually means (the real irony being that usually the person accusing others of bigotry, is the one being a bigot, at least these days)

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

16 minutes ago, Derangel said:

"Its a mental disorder" isn't a great argument.

40% Suicide Rate is.

Homosexuality was called that at one time as well.

Homosexuality is observed in Nature. It is not the norm but observed on non humans.

Also, you do realize that a "treatment" for gender dysphoria is letting the person be the gender they feel they are, right?

No, we do not have enough information about that because this situation was rather rare. Something like 0.0015% of the Population

And there are also similar things, where people think that their excrements do not belong to them. We usually do not let them amputate those parts and treat it differently.

What I do know is that I don't know much about that and that its infested with ideological bullshit, that usurps the scientist and really helping them.

What I do know is that the suicide rate of people with gender dysphoria is really really high wich leads me to believe that there might be other issues as well and it might be a symptom of other things. But to really know that, we need to investigate it and work on a treatment that for example reduces the suicide rate.

Gender Reassignment Surgery doesn't reduce the suicide rate, many of them even have regrets after that procedure.

People love to harp on about it being a "mental disorder" but completely ignore what the recommended treatments for it are.

Recommended by whom??
Political Ideologs??

The truth is that we do not know much about that situation, especially how to really treat it and help those people.
Just accepting it doesn't really solve it either. The studies I've heard about don't support that theory. Because its nothing more than that.

Why would the Background of that person make the story more believable??
Kotaku didn't say much at all about that, only "Technical difficulties".

But we will know more when someone got fired...

So you're biased towards that person, even if there are instances where that person just outright lied and made some shit up to look like a victim?

For that text there is only one person responsible. And that's the one who wrote it and not the boss. The Boss has to do boss stuff, not babysit their subordinates. If that is the case, why have subordinates at all?!

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

2 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

40% Suicide Rate is.

Homosexuality is observed in Nature. It is not the norm but observed on non humans.

No, we do not have enough information about that because this situation was rather rare. Something like 0.0015% of the Population

And there are also similar things, where people think that their excrements do not belong to them. We usually do not let them amputate those parts and treat it differently.

What I do know is that I don't know much about that and that its infested with ideological bullshit, that usurps the scientist and really helping them.

What I do know is that the suicide rate of people with gender dysphoria is really really high wich leads me to believe that there might be other issues as well and it might be a symptom of other things. But to really know that, we need to investigate it and work on a treatment that for example reduces the suicide rate.

Gender Reassignment Surgery doesn't reduce the suicide rate, many of them even have regrets after that procedure.

Recommended by whom??
Political Ideologs??

The truth is that we do not know much about that situation, especially how to really treat it and help those people.
Just accepting it doesn't really solve it either. The studies I've heard about don't support that theory. Because its nothing more than that.

Why would the Background of that person make the story more believable??
Kotaku didn't say much at all about that, only "Technical difficulties".

But we will know more when someone got fired...

So you're biased towards that person, even if there are instances where that person just outright lied and made some shit up to look like a victim?

For that text there is only one person responsible. And that's the one who wrote it and not the boss. The Boss has to do boss stuff, not babysit their subordinates. If that is the case, why have subordinates at all?!

Have animals been observed refusing to attempt to mate with the opposite sex? Homosexual acts do not equate to homosexuality. Homosexuality is refusing to mate with any gender other than your own, as far as I am aware.

Also, I agree with you on Gender Dysphoria. Catering to someones delusion would seem to be ineffective based on suicide rates alone.

1 minute ago, Stefan Payne said:

40% Suicide Rate is.

And why do you think that is?

11 minutes ago, Derangel said:

Also, you do realize that a "treatment" for gender dysphoria is letting the person be the gender they feel they are, right?

1. They are the gender that they are born as, as their DNA dictates. There is no changing that.
  2. Embracing delusion is never a treatment for delusion.

1 minute ago, Trik'Stari said:

The funny part being that the only two options for homosexuality are that it is either a mental disorder, or if a "gay gene" is ever actually found, a genetic disorder. Not that it's a bad thing, not judging, but it is an "abnormality" no matter the cause. No reason to criminalize it or take any action against it, but there's nothing harmful about recognizing a behavior for what it might be.

Don't be bringing simple logic into this.

Have animals been observed refusing to attempt to mate with the opposite sex?

Probably.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

1 minute ago, Nowak said:

If I had to guess, I'd say it's because we try to enact symptoms upon them that might treat the underlying issue, rather than directly treating the issue.

Unless there's some genetics at work, in which case I have no idea what might be done.

If I had to guess, I'd say it's because we try to enact symptoms upon them that might treat the underlying issue, rather than directly treating the issue.

Unless there's some genetics at work, in which case I have no idea what might be done.

My hypothesis is that suffers of gender dysphoria attempt suicide if they can't maintain their delusion and can't cope with the objectively measurable reality.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

My hypothesis is that suffers of gender dysphoria attempt suicide if they can't maintain their delusion and can't cope with the objectively measurable reality.

So you're saying that we need to treat them and help them accept, embrace, and even love the reality?

*GASP*

Just now, Trik'Stari said:

So you're saying that we need to treat them and help them accept, embrace, and even love the reality?

*GASP*

Maybe not *LOVE* the reality, but come to terms and cope with it.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

3 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

Exactly.

We don't even know if Gender Dysphoria is a symptom or the Problem. We only know that it exists.

That doesn't help and doesn't allow to really help either.

What we know however is that there is something called "Body integrity dysphoria" and Somatoparaphrenia?

For the Body Integrity Dysphoria there is no treatment - same as for Gender Dysphoria right now.

And treating a viral infection with antibiotics is also not helpful...

6 minutes ago, Nowak said:

I'll spell it out for you three.

-snip

^ Shit like this contributes to the 40% suicide rate. Congrats on passing 5th grade biology! That doesn't make you the Expert on people's bodies.

Also, Stefan, nobody is "glorifying" gender dysphoria. They're accepting that it's a thing that people have and would rather not be an asshole to people, because, again, that contributes heavily to the 40% suicide rate.

Yeah you can't prove that. Unless you can ask the dead why they killed themselves and get an answer. In which case I recommend you seek some psychiatric help of your own.

Also, your second statement is entirely illogical. Your first assertion, which is unprovable, is integral to the second. Without the first the second falls apart.

Some of us are really just concerned that the modern day medical industry... might just be taking advantage of people for financial gain? Not a huge assumption really considering a lot of what the medical industry does. Also, being "experts" does not preclude mistakes. Has anyone tried to treat gender dysphoria without

A. Drugs, surgery, etc.

B. Religious based barbarism

? Has anyone tried to treat it psychiatrically and get the person to accept and embrace what they really are? Have we ruled out that maybe there is something genetic here that makes them tend towards suicide, and it represents as gender dysphoria?

4 minutes ago, Nowak said:

Because their hormonal regulation systems are shot. That's the actual "disorder". The other issue, at least in children, is BPD Mothers. We're not sure, yet, whether the BPD mothers is cause or effect, though, as it might be the genetic problems that cause BPD damage the regulatory systems or the BPD mothers force their children into complete emotional confusion.  Most major psychological issues can be "forced" on a person, which is one of the reasons for a lot of the ethics approaches in psychology. Most especially after the "Repressed Memory" disaster. (Convincing children they were sexual abused when they were is a horrible, horrible thing.)

7 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

The funny part being that the only two options for homosexuality are that it is either a mental disorder, or if a "gay gene" is ever actually found, a genetic disorder. Not that it's a bad thing, not judging, but it is an "abnormality" no matter the cause. No reason to criminalize it or take any action against it, but there's nothing harmful about recognizing a behavior for what it might be. Edit: You could call it "aberration" if "abnormality" is too judgmental.

Also, don't throw words like "bigotry" around. From your arguments you seem like the type that does that often; and people who do so, rarely know what it actually means (the real irony being that usually the person accusing others of bigotry, is the one being a bigot, at least these days)

Given how little we really know about how our bodies and brains work there might be more than two possibilities. Given how much of a minority it is among humans and other animals aberration or abnormality are not incorrect terms, at least from a scientific perspective.

If you throw around terms and go out of your way to attack a person on the basis of their race, religion, gender, sexuality, etc then "bigotry" is the correct terminology. I'll throw it at people being racist towards Caucasians or sexist towards men as well.

2 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

Because their hormonal regulation systems are shot. That's the actual "disorder". The other issue, at least in children, is BPD Mothers. We're not sure, yet, whether the BPD mothers is cause or effect, though, as it might be the genetic problems that cause BPD damage the regulatory systems or the BPD mothers force their children into complete emotional confusion.  Most major psychological issues can be "forced" on a person, which is one of the reasons for a lot of the ethics approaches in psychology. Most especially after the "Repressed Memory" disaster. (Convincing children they were sexual abused when they were is a horrible, horrible thing.)

I was unaware of this, will need to do some research.

3 minutes ago, Nowak said:

I'll spell it out for you three.

^ Shit like this contributes to the 40% suicide rate. Congrats on passing 5th grade biology! That doesn't make you the Expert on people's bodies.

No, we do not have any proof of that.

We don't know what it is.

We know too little about it.

But we make laws about it. Yeah, great idea...

How about letting the scientists do their god damn job and wait for the results of the science??

Also, Stefan, nobody is "glorifying" gender dysphoria.

That is an outright lie.

People in certain circles are absolutely glorifying it because of victim points and other shit.

Wich is also the reason why there is the term "transtrender".

They're accepting that it's a thing that people have and would rather not be an asshole to people, because, again, that contributes heavily to the 40% suicide rate.

Do you have any proof of your claim?

My claim is that I don't know enough, thus demand more research, knowledge.

But we do know that it might be socially influenced, as this study found:

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/08/180822150809.htm

LKD's identity doesn't have much to do with the topic at hand, though, so perhaps let's drop this here before the mods come in.

It has something to do as its part of that person.

And that person did claim some shit that was just not true to claim victim status??

5 minutes ago, Derangel said:

Given how little we really know about how our bodies and brains work there might be more than two possibilities. Given how much of a minority it is among humans and other animals aberration or abnormality are not incorrect terms, at least from a scientific perspective.

If you throw around terms and go out of your way to attack a person on the basis of their race, religion, gender, sexuality, etc then "bigotry" is the correct terminology. I'll throw it at people being racist towards Caucasians or sexist towards men as well.

That's not the correct use of the term bigotry. The definition is "Intolerance towards those who hold different opinions of oneself". I.E. It's possible to be intolerant of someone who is of the same race, religion, gender, sexuality etc, but still be bigoted about it. For instance, my hatred of all things communist could be argued as bigotry, although I would call it entirely rational based on historical evidence. One could argue that being intolerant of Nazi's, is an act of bigotry.

And at least you're fair about it.

In regards to homosexuality: I wish it was possible to have more conversations like this, where I can refer to it as "abnormal" without people getting angry simply because they don't like being called abnormal, because they think it's a judgement or put-down of some kind.

That's not the correct use of the term bigotry. The definition is "Intolerance towards those who hold different opinions of oneself".

And at least you're fair about it.

In regards to homosexuality: I wish it was possible to have more conversations like this, where I can refer to it as "abnormal" without people getting angry simply because they don't like being called abnormal, because they think it's a judgement or put-down of some kind.

Its easy to take it as a negative. I grew up in a heavily religious area where people constantly harped on about homosexuality being a "sin" and "against god" and all that bullshit. The term "abnormal" was thrown around quite a lot as well. It makes it very challenging to separate the emotional harm that did and try to look at the subject from a bit more of a "scientific" approach.

11 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

I was unaware of this, will need to do some research.

Since Trans went "trendy", the BPD connection is recent. (Borderline Personality Disorder, for those that don't know the term. Generally best known for being physically incapable of reading emotions on faces and bouts of a massive lack of self control.) First layer is to suspect those cases are simply the BPD mother looking for attention and breaking their children with it, though if you come from genetics that busted up, strange things can crop up. We'll have a better idea in the future, but BPD ruins a lot of people, the people with it and those around them.

As for the suicide part, the problem is we talk about Suicide as an "event". It isn't. It's a process. The process breaks down your self-preservation instinct. The most fascinating part is that the Idea of Suicide is the pain point that normally does it. It relates to the interaction of hormones, the gut and the nervous system. If one of those is badly damaged, broken or ineffective, it causes the spiral rapidly. 

We're pretty far down the road that "mental disorders" aren't "mental" at all. They're physical ailments of various kinds that poison & distort the thought process of the Mind. There's some computer analogies that sort of work for it. That's why when the shouting on this stuff gets going, it's always a tad sad. Most with mental issues need a structured diet more than they do anti-psychotics.