Pixel 2 XL Battery Doesn't Last Very Long and Dies Fairly Fast

Spec2jeti

I have had this Pixel 2 XL for about 8 months. Even from the beginning, I'd only managed 4-5 hours SOT. At this point, I'm getting 1-3 hours SOT. I've noticed my battery doesn't charge to 100% often, but if it does, it immediately drops to 98% right after taking it off the charger. I use the original charger as often as possible and only charge it when I need to. I've tried every solution Google says and other people's solutions. I've talked to Google Support a while ago and she recommended format my device. I did, but that didn't help. I got the same amount. A normal day for me is waking at 6:30, unplug phone at 7 and leave for school, then get home at 3:00. A normal day is 1.5-3 hours of use and I'm at around 30-45% after that. If I work, I usually work until 10. I usually don't go home before work. At which point I charge my phone in the car to about 55%. After work, my phone is typically dropped to 30% or less just after being asleep for a few hours.I'm not sure what's causing all of this. Should I talk to Google about a replacement phone, replacement battery, or go through uBreakiFix? I can spend any amount of money, reasonably. I'm just mostly worried about time. Google could take 7-10 days and idk about uBreakiFix. I've noticed no difference between safe mode and normal boot. I've also noticed no difference between having 1.1.1.1 running or not. Any suggestions?

Screenshot_20190421-161640.png

Screenshot_20190421-161725.png

The battery might be busted.You can change it tho.

Have you tried uninstalling 1.1.1.1

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

How can that affect battery life that much.Also 47,775 posts oof.

12 minutes ago, ManosMax13 said:

How can that affect battery life that much.Also 47,775 posts oof.

Because it literally says 63% of your battery was used by that.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

15 hours ago, ManosMax13 said:

The battery might be busted.You can change it tho.

Yeah I've looked at that. It'll cost $90 or so at uBreakiFix. Because I'm still able to get through a day, I'm going to keep it the way it is until I have an actual issue getting through the day. Thank you!

15 hours ago, Enderman said:

I haven't. The reason I haven't is because this is a recent install from maybe a month or two ago. Even before this was active, my battery wasn't that great. 

Using a Pixel 2 at this point, I feel completely the same. Going to class at 8:40 and classes end at 11:40, my Pixel 2 goes from fully charge to anywhere between 50% to 60%, and that's only a three-week old Pixel 2

I tried to use restricting app like Brevent, Greenify or Ice Box, they didn't make it better, but not using them also didn't make the case worse, I'm quite confused at this point, but using LTE dose drain the battery more quickly than connected to a Wifi.

On 4/23/2019 at 10:47 PM, PostMeridy said:

Using a Pixel 2 at this point, I feel completely the same. Going to class at 8:40 and classes end at 11:40, my Pixel 2 goes from fully charge to anywhere between 50% to 60%, and that's only a three-week old Pixel 2

I tried to use restricting app like Brevent, Greenify or Ice Box, they didn't make it better, but not using them also didn't make the case worse, I'm quite confused at this point, but using LTE dose drain the battery more quickly than connected to a Wifi.

Ah yeah exactly. My 2 XL was doing very good originally. I could get through an entire day and still be at 75% by the end of the day. I've used some restricting apps too, also with no luck. And yes, LTE does drain it more quickly. But I don't think it's doing too much.