Random Windows not responding, along with programs after hardware upgrade. Would very much appreciate help!!

Wolfraxxx

I recently upgraded a lot of my hardware after I spilled water on the motherboard and CPU. My new system is as follows:

Graphics card: rx 480

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700 (with stock cooler)

Memory: 16 gigs total (Two mismatched 8 gig sticks) (2166 DDR4)

Motherboard: ROG Strix X370-F Gaming

PSU: 550w EVGA Gold 

Running windows 64 bit. 

BIOS: Version 4603

I bought a new CPU and Motherboard as well as a new SSD. I have updated all my drivers and have reset the computer but the problems are still occurring. These include windows becomming unresponsive to the point where it asks if I would like to end the process of windows. When playing games I am also getting random freezes where the program becomes unresponsive for around 15-30 seconds before disconnecting me and going back to normal. This happens with all programs including steam, discord, and spotify. Since I have reset my computer, I have now been getting graphical issues where random blocks of colors are flashing across my screen. As I type this there is a flashing blue and yellow streak on the left hand side of my screen. I have never had any problems like this before, and am unable to return either the motherboard or the CPU. These problems only occured after the new hardware was installed. If anyone has any suggestions on what to try it would be very appreciated. I can go into more details about the problems if anyone needs more clarity as well. Thanks.

Sounds like possible wrong drivers - Did you do a Full Windows Update both optional and important? I would try the update option first. Second, if still persist I would install the drivers from the manufacturer.

Below I found some drivers that may help

Graphics Card

https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/radeon-400-series/radeon-rx-400-series/radeon-rx-480

Chip Set

https://www.amd.com/en/support/cpu/amd-ryzen-processors/amd-ryzen-7-desktop-processors/amd-ryzen-7-2700x

Mother Board Driver - You must select OS

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-X370-F-GAMING/HelpDesk_Download/

Hope this Helps!

Note : For my Laptop AMD software had to be installed to run any games / Older machine AMD Catalyst Software - So The graphic card drive option is probably #1 to fix it.

I just redownloaded all of the drivers again, and have run for about 10 minutes now without any problems. I will update you if I have any other problems. Thank you so much!!!

That's Great!  

Tony_the_Tiger.jpg   Don't forget to Mark Solved -----   if its fixed to aid others who are in Need!

Edited by ryanromerosr
If solved, to mark it.