Video Idea doe Linus and Anthony PLUS something you guys can try out for yourself

Hey guys,

I have been a long time fan of Linus Tech Tips, and I really enjoy the more technical work that Linus does with Anthony. So, to add on to potential ideas, they already had, I would really like it if they test out our little project that me and my friends made. We spent a lot of time on it and it is really taking shape. The test version will work for Windows, but the final product will run on a raspberry pi. This is free to use, and it should really help drivers.

The program is a driving assistant that you can control with the google assistant. It will detect if you fall asleep non-obtrusively using a webcam and machine learning. It also has a HUD that can be enabled to map out obstacles in front of the car. All the processing is done offline so you don't need to worry about privacy like other products. The final product will be cheap since all you need to buy is a raspberry pi and 2 webcams, and the software will be free.

It would be great if other users on the forum can also test this since we are just high schoolers, and don't have a large pool of people to help beta-test this product. Please report any issues to the GitHub repo. Thanks again, and Anthony, please make Linus do a video on this, I really want to see him try and figure this out.

Here is a link to the GitHub repository: Driving Pal

Thanks!

I’ll get a Pi and some webcams to try this out then. Sounds cool.

1 hour ago, floofer said:

I’ll get a Pi and some webcams to try this out then. Sounds cool.

Thanks, I hope to get the Raspberry Pi part of this working by the end of the school year.

9 minutes ago, forzaislife said:

Thanks, I hope to get the Raspberry Pi part of this working by the end of the school year.

That’s ok, I’ll need to order it in, and install in my car. Around June?