Will This work out?

Go to solution Solved by GoldenLag,
1 minute ago, NunoLava1998 said:

I understand. Thing is, GIGABYTE typically makes some quite bad shit. In this case it's an exception, but for example my GTX 950 could not overclock without being unstable. It was absolutely pushed to it's max (on under average clocks too). They also apparently have pretty bad warranty and RMA, and sometimes return faulty components from other RMAs from what I've heard.

Soo......... TL;DR you have had a bad experience or heard of someone and therefore everything they make is bad?

Except the Auros M is a really nice board and Gigabyte make really nice high end boards

@Shreshth Goyal

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Processor  (₹8320.00 @ Amazon India) 
Motherboard: MSI - B450M GAMING PLUS Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  (₹8156.00 @ Amazon India) 
Memory: Kingston - Savage 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (₹6498.00 @ Amazon India) 
Storage: Western Digital - Green  240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (₹2724.00 @ Amazon India) 
Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower Case  (₹3199.00 @ Amazon India) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  (₹5199.00 @ Amazon India) 
Total: ₹34096.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-04-21 22:56 IST+0530

This would be the best build to go with and build upon, i would not suggest skimping like on the other builds damaging your future ability to upgrade the PC.

Just now, valdyrgramr said:

ASUS TUF and a lot of their cheaper stuff, MSI armor edition and quite a few of their budget boards, biostar has some bad products too which I could list a lot of easily, Apple has some bad products like the Pippin and the overheating i9 laptop.  Really their RMA department is bad?  Cuz I have dealt with it before with no issues.  Please do go on with the he said she said argument.

I found all of this from a reddit thread, but I can't find it anymore.

The Aorus M is pretty good though.

(also seriously are you mentioning the Pippin? that was 23 years ago in 1996!)

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

8 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

This would be the best build to go with and build upon, i would not suggest skimping like on the other builds damaging your future ability to upgrade the PC.

You don't know what his upgrade timeline might be or if he even wants to keep building upon what he gets. He may just want a one and done. Again, at this price point it's better to just build the best system you can for the use case. If you want another later, sell it and start over. You'll recover a good portion of the money. People on here tout upgradability as if it's a huge deal for everyone. Most people I know buy a system, use the parts for years, neglect to clean it, they don't touch a thing inside it, and then once it dies (mostly from neglect) or they want more performance, they sell the whole system, or the parts individually and do something new.

Of course when the budget allows, I always leave an upgrade path open.

@Shreshth Goyal

You do not want the build listed in "best answers". A horrid mobo and only a HDD for applications and OS, something that will be slow and bad experience. 

1 minute ago, jerubedo said:

You don't know what his upgrade timeline might be or if he even wants to keep building upon what he gets. He may just want a one and done. Again, at this price point it's better to just build the best system you can for the use case. If you want another later, sell it and start over. You'll recover a good portion of the money. People on here tout upgradability as if it's a huge deal for everyone. Most people I know buy a system, use the parts for years, neglect to clean it, they don't touch a thing inside it, and then once it dies (mostly from neglect) or they want more performance, they sell the whole system, or the parts individually and do something new.

Regardless of his timeline. He can get a 40-60$ GPU later and still have a solid system. While its nice to have temporary gains now, the sacrifises you made are just terrible for the experience in so many ways. 

2 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

@Shreshth Goyal

You do not want the build listed in "best answers". A horrid mobo and only a HDD for applications and OS, something that will be slow and bad experience. 

Regardless of his timeline. He can get a 40-60$ GPU later and still have a solid system. While its nice to have temporary gains now, the sacrifises you made are just terrible for the experience in so many ways. 

The mobo will perform just fine with the 1200 and a $40-$60 GPU won't provide acceptable gaming performance at all. Yes the HDD is my biggest regret. You COULD, however switch to a 120GB SSD for the same price, if you think that storage amount is enough. It won't hold more than a few games at once, though.

This would be option number 2 (SSD instead of HDD, but only 120GB, so this is a personal choice. I, personally prefer an SSD, but most people I know prefer storage capacity if the SSD is only 120GB):

7 minutes ago, jerubedo said:

The mobo will perform just fine with the 1200

Its literally the worst mobo from the A series. And the A series boards are across the board just garbage..... Its not a board you want in any system.

Yes the HDD is my biggest regret. You COULD, however switch to a 120GB SSD for the same price, if you think that storage amount is enough.

Then dont skimp on the entire build just to fit a GPU......... Like the build is not something someone should buy in 2019

a $40-$60 GPU won't provide acceptable gaming performance at all. 

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-HD-7950-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1050-Ti/2160vs3649

HD 7950 tends yo disagree. It can be had for between 40-60$. 

9 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Ryzen A320 boards are utter garbage, and iirc MSI made the worst ones.  That's the primary issue with that build.

I'm not disagreeing, but an utterly garbage Mobo will still run the 1200/1050 Ti without issue, and it likely won't die prematurely. I'd never pair it with a 2600 or anything like that, but for the bottom of the Ryzen stack, garbage is fine. It's not the equivalent of buying a garbage PSU which would put your whole system at risk.

I mean, the tier list from these forums says it all: Tier D Basic (Athlon, r3)

2 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

HD 7950 tends yo disagree. It can be had for between 40-60$. 

Do you see that available in his region? He also didn't specify used parts. If he did that's a whole other story.

4 minutes ago, jerubedo said:

Do you see that available in his region? He also didn't specify used parts. If he did that's a whole other story.

Its because its a post built upgrade. Note this is current pricing. Mining rx 470 cards can be had for 60$ aswell.

No i didnt check entire India. But last time i checked they had a lot of mining GPUs including the rx 470/570

5 minutes ago, jerubedo said:

I'm not disagreeing, but an utterly garbage Mobo will still run the 1200 without issue, and it likely won't die prematurely. I'd never pair it with a 2600 or anything like that, but for the bottom of the Ryzen stack, garbage is fine. It's not the equivalent of buying a garbage PSU which would put your whole system at risk.

Then why at all use a garbage mobo that ruins future possibility for upgrades and also greatly reduces resale price as A series board arent desired at all.

Especially not MSI 300 series boards. Its wellknown they skimped on everthing below X series in that lineup

5 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

and also greatly reduces resale price as A series board arent desired at all.

There will always be a buyer. I sold off a build I did using, I think, that same board, if not a similar A320.I had put it together for an event we were streaming in Vegas, and when it was done I was able to sell the whole system while I was still in Vegas (and yes, I let the buyer know that the build wasn't really upgradeable). He was still happy to take it and I recovered roughly 80% of the cost.

3 minutes ago, jerubedo said:

There will always be a buyer. I sold off a build I did using, I think, that same board, if not a similar A320.I had put it together for an event we were streaming in Vegas, and when it was done I was able to sell the whole system while I was still in Vegas (and yes, I let the buyer know that the build wasn't really upgradeable). He was still happy to take it and I recovered roughly 80% of the cost.

Yes, there will always be a buyer, however the chances of selling the PC even half of the cost of what the seller originally paid for it isn't high at all..

Not many people want to buy a system like that, especially for a price near to what you originally paid for it.

Price depends on region as well. Since OP is in India, the price he will get for the system may differ from the price you got in the US.

5 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

there's a good chance that board will die prematurely...

I doubt it. But that's all hearsay.

6 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

the VRMs are literally the worst you could ask for, and so on

You don't need anything beyond the most basic VRMs to handle a stock 1200. 

1 minute ago, jerubedo said:

He is not getting back the money. 

This is not a intel 4 core system and the market is shifting. 

The build you suggested will be a bad experience of owning. Its going to hard to resell. And the cash he gets back wont be a lot. 

Its just a no-go. It reminds me of the Tom's hardware forum. Just tons of wasted money. 

1 minute ago, XR6 said:

There will always be a buyer, however the chances of the seller getting even half of the cost of the system back isn't high at all.. Not many people want to buy a system like that, especially for a price near to what you originally paid for it.

Price depends on region as well. Since OP is in India, the price he will get for the system may differ from the price you got in the US.

Yeah, that's fair enough.

You don't need anything beyond the most basic VRMs to handle a stock 1200

And you cant upgrade. There are no features and you can really resell it.

The CPU doesnt have the appeal of a APU and suffers the brand name of an older generation.

The VRM will kick out early the same way old FM3 and AM3 boards did. 

Edit: im gone to eat some cake, id suggest trying to stop OP from commiting to a bad build. 

7 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

And you cant upgrade. There are no features and you can really resell it.

The CPU doesnt have the appeal of a APU and suffers the brand name of an older generation.

The VRM will kick out early the same way old FM3 and AM3 boards did. 

Think about this another way. We go with an upgradeable build for the SAME PRICE ($500) with less hardware. Then you throw in a better GPU later (and let's not assume used). That will cost another ~$200 and let's say it's a year later. Then down the line, say another 2 years later, he gets an upgraded CPU for ~200. At this point he's spent $900 over the course of 3 years. OR he just buys the build I have, gets the gaming performance up front, and has that experience for 3 years. Then he sells it for say $200 ($300 loss). He then builds a more capable machine for $600 using current parts. That's the same money ($900) for a better experience up front.

9 minutes ago, jerubedo said:

I doubt it. But that's all hearsay.

You don't need anything beyond the most basic VRMs to handle a stock 1200. 

let's do this simply

pro4

done

8 minutes ago, jerubedo said:

OR he just buys the build I have, gets the gaming performance up front, and has that experience for 3 years.

What? He's not going to get good gaming performance with a 500GB HDD. OP is better off just upgrading over time.

How do I know this? I used to use a HDD for gaming, it was absolutely terrible. (I used an i5 4460, 8GB RAM and a GTX 960, similar performance to the system you suggested iirc) and honestly I regret not buying an SSD sooner. An SSD makes a massive difference to games no matter what hardware you have.

7 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

pro4

I'd love to, but there's no availability in India, at least not per PCPP.

3 minutes ago, XR6 said:

What? He's not going to get good gaming performance with a 500GB HDD. OP is better off just upgrading over time.

How do I know this? I used to use a HDD for gaming, it was absolutely terrible. (I used an i5 4460, 8GB RAM and a GTX 960, similar performance to the system you suggested iirc) and honestly I regret not buying an SSD sooner. An SSD makes a massive difference to games no matter what hardware you have.

I gave a second option with a 120GB SSD so as to leave it up to choice of better boot time/load times vs capacity. It doesn't affect gaming outside of load times. And yes, depending on the game that can be a bitch. No worse than consoles, though, which are still using HDDs.

12 minutes ago, jerubedo said:

Think about this another way. We go with an upgradeable build for the SAME PRICE ($500) with less hardware. Then you throw in a better GPU later (and let's not assume used). That will cost another ~$200 and let's say it's a year later. Then down the line, say another 2 years later, he gets an upgraded CPU for ~200. At this point he's spent $900 over the course of 3 years. OR he just buys the build I have, gets the gaming performance up front, and has that experience for 3 years. Then he sells it for say $200 ($300 loss). He then builds a more capable machine for $600 using current parts. That's the same money ($900) for a better experience up front.

Except the moment you ad a GPU the upgradable build is allready much better.

Same cash just a whole lot worse experience across the board........

You are playing with people's money here, your build sadly does not give a good experience up front. Cant really be upgraded, and younneed to buy a whole new system to improve the experience. This involves a lot more money upfrint, something that is harder to procure.

OP has probably wasted his cash even with my efforts to avoid that.

Edit: i hope you leark to create more fulfilling builds other than the dissasters similar to what is present on Tom's hardware

4 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Except the moment you ad a GPU the upgradable build is allready much better.

assuming a $200 GPU upgrade, it won't perform much different. The 1200 won't bottleneck a 1050 Ti nor an RX 560 (which is what you can get for $200 in India, not a 570 like here). So how would having a 2200g be any better at that point? 

11 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

But, you want to go with a board by a company who gave 0 fucks on that line meaning it has a chance at a quicker failure rate.  MSI's cheaper products are garbage.  Let's look at their GPUs at the low end.  It's usually a couple variants of the armor edition.  The cooler is small and gets beaten be equally priced reference cards.  On cheap MSI and ASUS boards there's like no cooling or utter crap cooling on the VRMs.  Shit cooling usually means the part is going to fail faster.  Or, just fail in general because MSI cheaped out on the quality in other areas.  You're basically picking the biggest turd out of the crap pile to be cheap then saying, "it's fine!  I used a similar board for a single event!  It's not like I tested it long term!"

GPUs are much easier to have fail than a motherboard. I've seen plenty of GPUs fail in my day, yet only maybe two motherboards (out of hundreds). I'm talking cheap and high end alike. As for the VRMs not having cooling, the 1200 puts very little stress on the them, meaning very little heat to begin with. It's a 65w part and it's not being OCed. The likelihood of failure is remote in my opinion. It's hard to find any data on the matter. 

assuming a $200 GPU upgrade, it won't perform much different. The 1200 won't bottleneck a 1050 Ti nor an RX 560 (which is what you can get for $200 in India, not a 570 like here). So how would having a 2200g be any better at that point? 

Resale value as an APU, something the 1200 doesnt have at all.

Also why allways buy new? The gtx 1050ti and rx560 arent GPUs people should buy. A miningcard is something you can get eherywehere for quite cheap.

And both the mobo and Ram was garbage with a 500 GB HDD or 120GB. One which is awfully slow and unbearable and the other with little to no storage. And a mobo that noone should have the unfortune luck of owning.