RM1000x Fan size

Kitsan
1 hour ago, Spotty said:

Cubicles? With a diplomatic answer like that, they definitely have a corner office.

Hey now.. Every office has four corners... and often several floors.  ;)

10 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

I am not a guy that hides behind a tie.  I've been a DIY, modder and an overclocker and have done some stupid things that have broken some expensive equipment over the past 30 years I've held those titles.  I got my job BECAUSE I'm an enthusiast.  Not because I'm an EE.  I post in these forums BECAUSE I'm an enthusiast.  Not to convince someone not to void their warranties.

That's why I hate the S.O.B. that put "industry affiliate" on my f**ing profile (they did it to me at HardForum too and I quit posting there).

I respond the way I do because I hope that my decades of experience prevent others from doing the stupid things I've done as well.

And yes... that includes replacing the fan in a PSU and then having that PSU blow up months later.

And yes, TT uses a fan similar to the Corsair LL inside their iRGB PSU (same OEM even).

I didn't say a 140mm RGB fan didn't exist.  I said that one that is suitable for a PSU didn't exist.  The fan Thermaltake put into the iRGB is not suitable for a PSU.  The blade design is wrong.  The fan curve is wrong.  The surface area is inadequate (due to the outer ring) and the quality is sub-par.  They just decided to throw it in there "for looks".  In my position, I would not knowingly put that fan in a PSU to sell to the public with a 10 year warranty.

Oh I sympathise then, honestly I probably would've taken your comment quite differently if you hadn't got that tag!

Thanks for taking the time to explain the thought process behind the decision, I work as a planning manager for a mechanical engineering company and im sure some of our MEs would also sympathise with you too ;)

Monitor: Alienware AW2518HF CPU: 9900K @ 5.1GHz Heatsink: 2x360MM Custom Loop GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO RAM: Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 2x8GB 4400Mhz Mobo: Asus Maximus XI Gene Case: Fractal Design Meshify S2 PSU: Corsair RM1000x Storage: Seagate Firecuda 510 2TB M.2, Adata XPG SX8200 PRO 256GB M.2