Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fatih19

Experience with a Thinkpad X230 / X240 - Durability

Posted · Original PosterOP

I've read many reviews of the thinkpad X230 and X240, stumbled upon archaic tech forums, watched youtube reviews and it's comment section.

The general consensus I got was that it's pretty popular, very modular and open (removable ram, battery, storage, multiple types of dock and multiple capacity of battery), inexpensive, and VERY durable. 

I stumbled upon a forum in which a user said that he left said series of thinkpad in the snow, and then later on, found out that it still working minus bluetooth. (Could be lying but that's pretty specific and hard to believe) 

So, any extreme experiences with said series of ThinkPad? 

As a long time thinkpad user, can confirm theyre made like bloody tanks.

The only way you can get more durable is a Toughbook.

Main PC: AMD Ryzen 1700 (8c/16t), MSI B350 Tomahawk, NDH 15, T-Force Delta RGB 16GB, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 670 2GB (F in chat for RX580), Samsung 128GB NVME, Crucial MX-300 1.05TB, 8TB WD Red/White, Corsair CX 750

School Laptop: Early 2014 Macbook Air. Intel i5-4260U, 4GB RAM, 128GB Apple PCI-E SSD, Intel HD Graphics 5000

Phone: iPhone XS Max 64GB: A12 Bionic. 4GB RAM, 6.5-inch 2,688 x 1,242 OLED, 3,174 mAh 

Wearables: Sony 1000XM2

Random devices in various stages of working: Dell Inspiron 1000 (Works perfect other than battery), Late 2008 Macbook Aluminum Unibody (For Sale), Gateway Solo W2000 Laptop (For writing floppies, needs a battery), iBook G4 (For Sale.), Surface 3 (Touch screen is borked, perfect otherwise.), Lenovo G580 (For Sale)

Spoiler

"Love is a bitch with a blindfold"