Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KeyzHostHD

OS HDD Shrink

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hey, im going to format my pc, i just want some quick help,

can i shrink my ssd to 2 partitions, 1 for OS only, and the other one for software's

will it make my os boot slower if i shtink it?, and how much would you recommend to shrink it down too,  only for os and drivers, i have 250gb SSD

Posted · Original PosterOP
58 minutes ago, Arika S said:

you can, it wont change how it performs, but there's not really any benefit to partitioning especially for that small of a drive.

im just tryna keep it clean for my preferences, how many gb should i give it ? 32 ? 

14 minutes ago, KeyzHostHD said:

im just tryna keep it clean for my preferences, how many gb should i give it ? 32 ? 

you will absolutely need more than that. i would recommend no less than 50Gb. here's a breakdown of my OS drive, even with all my "documents" and other such folders routed to my HDD. all that is on this drive is the OS and normal appdata/cache stuff.

image.thumb.png.3bbeb6a77b64742c452cc7551e35f44c.png

So it's at 35Gb currently, but that can go up if you use sleep mode/hibernation since it needs space for the Hiberfile, you also need to take into account pagefile i you dont turn it off, and if you keep things like "documents" "music" "downloads" folders on the primary partition, this will also push up the amount of space required. Windows updates will use drive space in a different way soon so you need to have enough room for that to reserve