GoXLR Temperature?

FinalplayerRyu

In the recent livestream Linus was showing us the GoXLR. Showed us a lot of features, but my main issue with XLR mixers recently has been temperature, so i am wondering how hot it gets, especially after prolonged use like 3h+.

For context: i have had two Behringer Xenyx QX1002USB, both of which got so hot that the FX stopped working and radiated so much heat that i could feel it all the time after around half an hour of using and it just got hotter and hotter, that touching it by the vent on the bottom burned my fingers and the top was also unpleasent to the touch. So even now with a smaller Behringer Mixer (Q502USB) which doesn't have FX capability and has lower peak temperature its still not what i am looking for.

Can't even get an answer on a day old video.^^' Got some from other places if anyone cares to know:

image.png.90fb07f0922613e9c252e33880f0eb75.png
image.png.0a12669e88286450107aa746e4ccdf11.png

Thanks to the peeps on youtube and twitter.

On 4/21/2019 at 2:59 AM, FinalplayerRyu said:

In the recent livestream Linus was showing us the GoXLR. Showed us a lot of features, but my main issue with XLR mixers recently has been temperature, so i am wondering how hot it gets, especially after prolonged use like 3h+.

For context: i have had two Behringer Xenyx QX1002USB, both of which got so hot that the FX stopped working and radiated so much heat that i could feel it all the time after around half an hour of using and it just got hotter and hotter, that touching it by the vent on the bottom burned my fingers and the top was also unpleasent to the touch. So even now with a smaller Behringer Mixer (Q502USB) which doesn't have FX capability and has lower peak temperature its still not what i am looking for.

That sounds like you either have a faulty cooling fan (if your mixers have those), you live in a REALLY hot place, or you have some kind of wiring SNAFU going on that's making your mixers hot. Mixers normally really don't get very hot at all. That being said, Behringer isn't exactly known for having the nicest products out there, so it could also just be a manufacturing issue.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/22/2019 at 11:21 PM, KaminKevCrew said:

That sounds like you either have a faulty cooling fan (if your mixers have those), you live in a REALLY hot place, or you have some kind of wiring SNAFU going on that's making your mixers hot. Mixers normally really don't get very hot at all. That being said, Behringer isn't exactly known for having the nicest products out there, so it could also just be a manufacturing issue.

It's definetely an Issue with Behringer, with the fourth Mixer from them its ok-ish (the before mentioned  Q502USB). Still gets a bit hot, but i don't feel it radiating heat at me. I can exclude hot temperature because that was in the middle of winter when i started doing that and room temperature was around 15-20°C. Also non of those mixers had a fan which i imagine is by design cause you don't want any noise and my current system setup can pick up the washing machine from across the flat through closed doors, so a fan would definetely be audible since the mixer is in arms reach.

I am still looking at the GoXLR as an option, but probably waiting on a pricedrop.