Amazon Expert Installation

TECHNO-BUNKER

You know when your buying something on amazon and you notice there is a button for expert installation. I'm just curious, has anyone ever done this? Does some random dude turn up at your house with a stick of ram to install it in your build? ?

Screenshot_20190421-103514.jpg

One Love.

ATB☯️

seems like it

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

2 hours ago, 19_blackie_73 said:
seems like it

I'd love to see someone test this though. 

One Love.

ATB☯️

49 minutes ago, d4yh said:

You know when your buying something on amazon and you notice there is a button for expert installation. I'm just curious, has anyone ever done this? Does some random dude turn up at your house with a stick of ram to install it in your build?

I imagine it would literally be exactly that.

> You, buys RAM
> Amazon 'expert' comes to your house with new RAM
> Amazon 'expert' inserts memory in like 9 seconds

> Amazon 'expert' leaves

That's some piss-easy money for the 'expert' right there.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

32 minutes ago, seoz said:

I imagine it would literally be exactly that.

> You, buys RAM
> Amazon 'expert' comes to your house with new RAM
> Amazon 'expert' inserts memory in like 9 seconds

> Amazon 'expert' leaves

That's some piss-easy money for the 'expert' right there.

If you think about it though, it's only something they offer. They're not forcing it on customers at least.

If you don't know what you're doing they're offering someone to come and do it for you, which is pretty good considering they're online only and probably don't actually employ these people directly (which I assume is the reason for the high pricing).

It's an option, so instead of them saying "Sorry, if you don't know what you're doing, take it to someone else", they're making it easier.

A complete "rip-off" and "scam" for people frequenting a tech forum and most of whom have built dozens of systems themselves maybe...but not for Mr/Mrs Bloggs who need a part for their broken BookFace machine.

DAEDALUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 - 1600 @ 3.7Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo Black Edition // Motherboard: Asus RoG Strix B350-F Gaming // Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 6GB GDDR5 // Memory: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair LPX Vengeance 3000Mhz // Storage: WD Green - 250GB M.2 SATA SSD (Boot Drive and Programs), SanDisk Ultra II 120GB (GTA V), WD Elements 1TB External Drive (Steam Library) // Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro 700W // Case: BeQuiet Silentbase 600 with SilentWings Mk.2 Internal Fans // Peripherals: VicTop Mechanical Gaming Keyboard & VicTsing 7200 DPI Wired Gaming Mouse

PROMETHEUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.2Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master 212 EVO // Motherboard: Foxconn 2ABF // Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450 (For Diagnostic Testing Only) // Memory: 2 x 4GB DDR3 Mushkin Memory // Storage: 10TB of Various Storage Drives // Power Supply: Corsair 600W // Case: Bitfenix Nova Midi Tower - Black

SpeedTest Results - Having Trouble Finding a Decent PSU? - Check the PSU Tier List!

Just now, Ezzy-525 said:

If you think about it though, it's only something they offer. They're not forcing it on customers at least.

If you don't know what you're doing they're offering someone to come and do it for you, which is pretty good considering they're online only and probably don't actually employ these people directly (which I assume is the reason for the high pricing).

It an option so instead of them saying "Sorry, if you don't know what you're doing, take it to someone else", they're making it easier.

A complete "rip-off" and "scam" for people frequenting a tech forum and most of whom have built dozens of systems themselves...but not for Mr/Mrs Bloggs who need a part for their broken BookFace machine.

Well yeah good point. But what if the "expert" doesn't know a lot about computers? They could tell the customer that there is another issue with their pc.

One Love.

ATB☯️

3 minutes ago, d4yh said:

Well yeah good point. But what if the "expert" doesn't know a lot about computers? They could tell the customer that there is another issue with their pc.

That's something that could be said about any "expert" you could hire for anything really. Plumbers, car mechanics, electricians...if they're crap at their job, they're crap at their job.

DAEDALUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 - 1600 @ 3.7Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo Black Edition // Motherboard: Asus RoG Strix B350-F Gaming // Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 6GB GDDR5 // Memory: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair LPX Vengeance 3000Mhz // Storage: WD Green - 250GB M.2 SATA SSD (Boot Drive and Programs), SanDisk Ultra II 120GB (GTA V), WD Elements 1TB External Drive (Steam Library) // Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro 700W // Case: BeQuiet Silentbase 600 with SilentWings Mk.2 Internal Fans // Peripherals: VicTop Mechanical Gaming Keyboard & VicTsing 7200 DPI Wired Gaming Mouse

PROMETHEUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.2Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master 212 EVO // Motherboard: Foxconn 2ABF // Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450 (For Diagnostic Testing Only) // Memory: 2 x 4GB DDR3 Mushkin Memory // Storage: 10TB of Various Storage Drives // Power Supply: Corsair 600W // Case: Bitfenix Nova Midi Tower - Black

SpeedTest Results - Having Trouble Finding a Decent PSU? - Check the PSU Tier List!

Just now, Ezzy-525 said:

That's something that could be said about any "expert" you could hire for anything really. Plumbers, car mechanics, electricians...if they're crap at their job, they're crap at their job.

Yep

One Love.

ATB☯️

I don't trust anything or anyone from Amazon. Look at the contract delivery drivers they hire.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

3 minutes ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

I don't trust anything or anyone from Amazon. Look at the contract delivery drivers they hire.

Personally never had an issues with them here in the UK. They show up at your door with a parcel and that's it in my experience.

Do they have a bad rep in the US?

11 minutes ago, Ezzy-525 said:

Personally never had an issues with them here in the UK. They show up at your door with a parcel and that's it in my experience.

In some places they do. I've had a lot of trouble with the final delivery guys (nost are badly vetted contractors) as well as the cross country carrier personnel. It's one of many reasons I no longer do business with Amazon (except for e-books).

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

20 minutes ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

I've not had a bad experience with Amazon and I've been a customer for 3 years now.

Deliveries often come through either Royal Mail or DPD. I personally prefer DPD, they give you a text letting you know of a delivery time and are always on-time.

All of my deliveries at least fulfilled and dispatched by Amazon have gone smoothly for both deliveries directly to my house and also to a local Amazon locker.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

1 hour ago, Ezzy-525 said:

In the UK they are ok. 

One Love.

ATB☯️