Pc crashing a lot

Da Seeker
Go to solution Solved by alatron978,

Your issue most likely isn't gpu but it could be. It could be windows or your cpu but if it still happens with the overclock off thats strange. Do you have your memory xmp profile enabled? if so try turning it off just to see what happens. If this doesnt work try clearing cmos then if that doesnt, update bios. If none of these work, roll back windows to a previous version, if that doesn't work, you might have to reinstall windows.

My pc crashes at least one time a day, sometimes even more, today it crashed twice, in a row, I used to have it overclocked it but now i run it stock because its giving me this problem, Im trying to figure out what it is withhout sucess, whenever it crashing it blackscreens with a looping buzzing noise. My pc is has a 1600x with a 212 evo on a b350 gaming plus by msi, 2x4 ballistix sports gaming memory 2666, rx 570 expedition, and my psu is a coolermaster masterwatt 550w 80+bronze, usually it crashes while im playing fortnite, i don't really play any other game, and my game also keeps crashing, i don't know if it's the update they made, i tested my memory for errors and stress tested my gpu and it all seems fine, the oc i used to use on cpu also seems fine now but I'm not using it till i know what's wrong, it was a 4ghz with 1.3825v. Any ideas? Also my gpu is not running hot, i cap the game to 165fps so i get a little more than my monitor can output and it's most of the time there. 

Did you update windows?

8700K @ 5.2ghz 1.29V, 4x8 Rev.E @ 4040 13-20-20-39 1.7V.

Yes.... But this crash has been happening to me a for really long time, it just didn't happen so much so I didn't care, but it could be Windows

Also my storage drives are a 970 Evo 250gb where i can the game and Windows and a wd blue 1tb they really doesn't matter

Your issue most likely isn't gpu but it could be. It could be windows or your cpu but if it still happens with the overclock off thats strange. Do you have your memory xmp profile enabled? if so try turning it off just to see what happens. If this doesnt work try clearing cmos then if that doesnt, update bios. If none of these work, roll back windows to a previous version, if that doesn't work, you might have to reinstall windows.

8700K @ 5.2ghz 1.29V, 4x8 Rev.E @ 4040 13-20-20-39 1.7V.

I had the memory oced to but i can try stock without xmp,i do have it enabled, I can reinstall windows straight away so i skip that already and see from then

And i already cleared cmos today and enabled xmp right after

Do a clean install, and make sure you only have your SSD plugged in while doing so, no other drives.

https://www.howtogeek.com/224342/how-to-clean-install-windows-10/

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Leave everything on default in the bios (i.e. disable XMP, any overclocks, etc.) and see if the system still crashes.

CPU: Intel Core i5-8600K [Delidded | Frequency: 5.1GHz | vCore: 1.45v - Fuck Intel | Cache: 4800MHz | VCCIO: 1.175 | SA: 1.20]

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti ARMOR 11G OC [Core: 2113MHz | Memory: + 1000MHz | Voltage: 1.181v | XOC BIOS]

RAM: TEAM GROUP DARK PRO EDITION [Capacity: 16GB - 8GB x 2 | Frequency: 3866MHz | Timings: 16-16-16-36]

Motherboard: ASUS PRIME Z370-A

PSU: SeaSonic PRIME Ultra 1000W

Case: Fractal S2 Meshify

CPU Block: EK Velocity | GPU Block: EK-FC1080 GTX Ti TF6 Radiators: x2 HWLabs SR2 360MM  Pump / Res: EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM Fans: x6 Noctua NF-F12

Primary Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HUbmiprz [Refresh Rate: 165Hz | Resolution: 2560 x 1440]

Secondary Monitor: ASUS VG248QE [Refresh Rate: 144Hz | Resolution: 1920 x 1080]

UPS: APC Smart-UPS RT 2000VA [Online | Double-Conversion]

Benchmarks: 3DMark TimeSpy - First [1 out of 8571]

update, i cleared cmos, reinstalled windows,  no xmp enabled, and all looks good havent crashed yet, but I havent played really that much need more playing hours to be sure, but i think it was xmp, that would just mean this memory sucks ass

Preety sure it was the xmp profile, allways had it on, now i never crashed again, i reinstalled my os many time so that wasnt it so has to be the ram, thanks for the advice!