Facebook admits to storing plaintext passwords for millions of Instagram users

Slurs Gang

https://www.zdnet.com/article/facebook-admits-to-storing-plaintext-passwords-for-millions-of-instagram-users/

Facebook admitted today to storing the passwords of millions of Instagram users in plaintext format in internal server logs.

The announcement came as an update to an incident from last month when the company admitted to storing plaintext passwords for hundreds of millions of Facebook Lite users, tens of millions of Facebook users, and tens of thousands of Instagram accounts.

"We discovered additional logs of Instagram passwords being stored in a readable format," the company said in an update published today.

"We now estimate that this issue impacted millions of Instagram users. We will be notifying these users as we did the others."

Facebook said that its investigation revealed that none of these plaintext passwords were abused by employees.

Bad privacy policy and now bad security practice. Storing passwords in a plaintext format is just bad, and make the breach easily for the bad guys. No wonder company these days are barely give any " security"  to your data and info at all. This news reminds me of T-Mobile got caught storing account passwords in a plain text a long time ago.

In addition, Facebook said this, " Facebook said that its investigation revealed that none of these plaintext passwords were abused by employees." Even if the passwords were abused by employees, Facebook will not going to say straight away because that will hurt company reputation. How many of you guys are going to buy this quote?

#DeleteFaceBook

"Facebook now plans on encrypting your password by replacing it with your plaintext social security number"

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 hour ago, fasauceome said:

"Facebook now plans on encrypting your password by replacing it with your plaintext social security number"

oO no, they put it with your full name and e-mail

Heh, looks like nobody here reported on that indeed.  It's been known a couple of days though.

The timing is also very convenient, they announced this in a blog post right after the Mueller report was released, knowing that all of the press would be focusing on that.

FYI : https://dayssincelastfacebookscandal.com/

@Slurs GangYou're new here, lemme tell you that you'll get bored of these quickly, I promise ya that *crosses fingers*

✨FNIGE✨

Take a shot every time FB takes an oofta...

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you

They don't seem to care at all. I mean why would they? It's not like a significant amount of people is going to stop using their services over this.

I mean, I'm not even surprised. At this point I just suspect the worse concerning security with Facebook. 

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

11 hours ago, Theminecraftaddict555 said:

I’ll pick you up from Hospitial 

13 hours ago, Theminecraftaddict555 said:

And drink a beer every time a politician says something stupid in regards to the internet.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

On 4/21/2019 at 2:25 AM, Theminecraftaddict555 said:

image.png.a78a25d06f3ee69faf5ce3ac74038ad1.png

And that's only in titles

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Why am I not surprised? 

Primary Laptop (Gearsy MK4): Ryzen 9 5900HX, Radeon RX 6800M, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 24 GB DDR4 2400 Mhz, 512 GB SSD+1TB SSD, 15.6 in 300 Hz IPS display

2021 Asus ROG Strix G15 Advantage Edition

Secondary Laptop (Uni MK2): Ryzen 7 5800HS, Nvidia GTX 1650, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 16 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz, 512 GB SSD 

2021 Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 

Meme Machine (Uni MK1): Shintel Core i5 7200U, Nvidia GT 940MX, 24 GB DDR4 2133 Mhz, 256 GB SSD+500GB HDD, 15.6 in TN Display 

2016 Acer Aspire E5 575 

Retired Laptop (Gearsy MK2): Ryzen 5 2500U, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 12 GB 2400 Mhz DDR4, 256 GB NVME SSD, 15.6" 1080p IPS Touchscreen 

2017 HP Envy X360 15z (Ryzen)

PC (Gearsy): A6 3650, HD 6530D , 8 GB 1600 Mhz Kingston DDR3, Some Random Mobo Lol, EVGA 450W BT PSU, Stock Cooler, 128 GB Kingston SSD, 1 TB WD Blue 7200 RPM

HP P7 1234 (Yes It's Actually Called That)  RIP 

Also im happy to answer any Ryzen Mobile questions if anyone is interested!