UserBenchmark -> Read this

ctank
On 4/20/2019 at 9:47 PM, Jurrunio said:

exactly. SLC caching on SSDs for example, is super fast but unrealistic as they hardly last in real world use when speed matters.

The 660p 1tb has ~40-80GB of SLC, usually plenty.

6 minutes ago, _Syn_ said:

https://ssd.userbenchmark.com/SpeedTest/494033/Samsung-SSD-970-EVO-250GB

Look at this 970 EVO for example, the sequential write is 1400mb/s, but the sustained write is 400mb/s, which is what you would see in a real world scenario when transferring files.

It reserves right away 100gb from my EVO 960 and it has lower write speed than EVO 970 which I have too. 

Makers of this kind of tests are not idiots, why they make test that is most likely to be unusable on many peoples m.2 drives (and certainly say high end m.2 laptops which has at start usually starting 128-256Gb storage and can be super fast like 3Gb writes (would need 180gb diskspace)). 

=Very fishy

• 1 year later...

I ran this benchmark software today and my Win10 machine BSOD which I have NEVER HAVE HAPPEN.  It then did some corruption to my 3TB HDD.  Says the recycle bin is corrupt, wanna delete then fix... [YES] close explorer or go back to that drive SAME THING!

The HDD was plugged into this small PCIE 2 port sata raid card I've had for years and years and years, but I dunno if that's the problem or not so I just ordered a new one should be here tomorrow.  Maybe the drive will work after that maybe not we'll see.  I swapped the HDD to it because I had my Samsung QVO 1TB drive on the card and it would max out write at 130MB/s so when I moved the HDD to it that would already be maxed at that speed it had no problem during my own file transfer tests and the SSD ran at least 100BM/s faster plugged directly into the mobo.

The weird thing too is I could easil access the drive, but folders were empty and right-clicking > properties showed 0 bytes.  WEIRD SHTuff.

OF COURSE my dad was on his way over so we could transfer his phone and all the data to my old phone so I had to put us behind a while to disable the drive... well really just a few minutes I showed off other stuff inside the PC to him LOL but still unplugging a SATA data and power is hard stuff.

I guess one good thing to come of it is I now have two extra Sata ports I didn't have before?