Changed to a new mobo and now my pc wont post

AndyCroz

Windows 10 64 bit
Fx 8370

corsair vengeance 1600mhz ddr3
GT 730
gigabyte am3+ ht30

EVGA 500 BR

I installed all my parts into the mobo but i wont  get it to post, fans from the cpu and gpu will stay on
tried the parts individually in another pc and they all worked, only thing i could test was the cpu.

6 minutes ago, AndyCroz said:

Windows 10 64 bit
Fx 8370

corsair vengeance 1600mhz ddr3
GT 730
gigabyte am3+ ht30

EVGA 500 BR

I installed all my parts into the mobo but i wont  get it to post, fans from the cpu and gpu will stay on
tried the parts individually in another pc and they all worked, only thing i could test was the cpu.

And are you trying to use your old windows install on the new motherboard because if you are, it won't work.

Just now, Benjeh said:

And are you trying to use your old windows install on the new motherboard because if you are, it won't work.

actually i was, but i also tried to make it go into bios without the hdd but i wont post anyway

1 minute ago, AndyCroz said:

actually i was, but i also tried to make it go into bios without the hdd but i wont post anyway

ok well that sounds like you have a motherboard stand off touching the back of the motherboard. did you try booting the board outside the case to make sure it wasn't DOA because its the first thing i tell anyone building or upgrading to do.

5 minutes ago, Benjeh said:

Windows 10 will platform jump just fine.

As for the no POST, the motherboard might need a BIOS update, or it might just not support the CPU.

Just now, iamdarkyoshi said:

Windows 10 will platform jump just fine.

Oh right, didn't work for me last i tried it.

47 minutes ago, Benjeh said:

ok well that sounds like you have a motherboard stand off touching the back of the motherboard. did you try booting the board outside the case to make sure it wasn't DOA because its the first thing i tell anyone building or upgrading to do.

tried it, but it didnt work. im giving up at this point, will try to update the bios, forgot about that tbh, thanks for the help guys. will comeback later with updates