System WONT BOOT

AYDANN6ix9ine

in my personal experience PSUs tend to die faster than motherboards, do you have another board to test the psu with (or a friend who will loan you a working psu) to rule out power issues? 

*edit* since you don't have anyone to trade parts with do you have a computer store near you?, some like micro center do motherboard checks. i have no idea how much it would cost though i would imagine its probably cheap if not free. 

Edited by JohhnyBravo
crossed out redundant question.

23 minutes ago, JohhnyBravo said:

in my personal experience PSUs tend to die faster than motherboards, do you have another board to test the psu with (or a friend who will loan you a working psu) to rule out power issues? 

*edit* since you don't have anyone to trade parts with do you have a computer store near you?, some like micro center do motherboard checks. i have no idea how much it would cost though i would imagine its probably cheap if not free. 

Well, since the led still shines on the board unitl I take out either the 24-pin/8-pin power connectors, I would assume the PSU is still a functional unit. I'm looking to return to Amazon but I believe I am out of return window. So, I think I should RMA. If the malfunction was not caused by something I did (by the way, the air did not come close to the MOBO), it should still be eligible for RMA. Right? It's still definitely in the 3-Year Warranty time so should I try to file a case.

PSUs can give a false positive when they are able to suply some power but not enough to power the system, i had this same issue just last month, i tested the psu with a cheap testing kit and it seemed to work and the fan for the psu powered but the mobo didn't, swapped the psu and everything worked.  your mobo should still be under warranty and i cant imagine you will have any issues RMAing it but if the new one fails then i would say its the psu.