System WONT BOOT

AYDANN6ix9ine

So my 2600X and 970 system was getting dusty after 4 months of use so I decided to dust some of it out. I used this duster that claims to be safe for dusting electronics, including PCs (https://www.bestbuy.com/site/endust-for-electronics-10-oz-duster-with-bitterant/5609556.p?skuId=5609556&ref=212&loc=1&ref=212&loc=1&ds_rl=1266837&gclid=EAIaIQobChMInoOdvZbf4QIV7yCtBh1A5AnOEAQYASABEgLvb_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds). I dusted out the two intake fans at the front of my case and also dusted out some of my CPU Cooler Fans (ARCTIC FREEZER 33 ESPORTS EDITION). Then I, dusted out the fans and heatsink of my EVGA SC GTX 970. After, I tried to boot up the system and it didn't work. I reinstalled front panel connectors, turned PSU on/off, cleared CMOS, etc. I thought it was the GPU that was the problem so I took it out of the system and tried to boot up without the card. Nothing happened again. I'm really stressed about it and I need some tips to try to figure out what's wrong with the system. Thanks for any advice.

Just now, d4yh said:

So it worked perfectly fine before you cleaned it?

Correct

Just now, AYDANN6ix9ine said:

Correct

Do the fans spin up when you boot it?

One Love.

ATB☯️

Just now, d4yh said:

Do the fans spin up when you boot it?

No. Zero fans start to spin up.

1 minute ago, AYDANN6ix9ine said:

maybe u damaged your mother board?

THIS IS MY SIGNATURE

Just now, AYDANN6ix9ine said:

Have you made sure all fan connectors are plugged in? Also you should check if any other cables disconnected during cleaning, if you have some, try with different fans to be sure it is actually the fans.

One Love.

ATB☯️

1 minute ago, d4yh said:

Have you made sure all fan connectors are plugged in? Also you should check if any other cables disconnected during cleaning, if you have some, try with different fans to be sure it is actually the fans. 

1 minute ago, Srijan Verma said:

maybe u damaged your mother board? 

If it was the fans, the PC I think would still boot up but just shut down for safety measures.

I don't think I damage the motherboard. It sill lights up normally. Maybe it is the CMOS Battery?

3 minutes ago, AYDANN6ix9ine said:

Maybe it is the CMOS Battery?

could be but i dont think a cmos battery runs out in 4months

THIS IS MY SIGNATURE

3 minutes ago, AYDANN6ix9ine said:

If it was the fans, the PC I think would still boot up but just shut down for safety measures.

I don't think I damage the motherboard. It sill lights up normally. Maybe it is the CMOS Battery?

mabye, try it..

One Love.

ATB☯️

Take out the CMOS battery, and put the battery back in again. If that doesn't work make sure all cables in the PC are connected properly.

Just now, XR6 said:

Take out the CMOS battery, and put the battery back in again. If that doesn't work make sure all cables in the PC are connected properly.

Just tried. Nothing happened.

maybe there is a mistake in the cables coming from the psu and the mobo is not getting enough juice

THIS IS MY SIGNATURE

you have a friend whos pc you can borrow?
if you do try using his mobo and see if it works(same socket)

THIS IS MY SIGNATURE

1 minute ago, Srijan Verma said:

you have a friend whos pc you can borrow?
if you do try using his mobo and see if it works(same socket) 

I know no one. lol. I'm kinda fudged here.

3 minutes ago, CUDAcores89 said:

Ive been working with hundreds of computers for years. Never ONCE have I killed a PC just by dusting it off. 

Start by getting your PC just down to its basics. 

Inplug all storage drives, unplug all the RAM except for one stick, and use integrated graphics if available. Then see if it boots up 

I already did all the things you mentioned. Still won't boot. It looks like you got a lot of experience so do you have any common fixes for this type of issue.

Did you keep the can of compressed air upright at all times?

If it's tilted too much or turned on its side, the liquid inside can spray out. I don't know if that would be enough to damage a motherboard or other component, though.

Intel i5-4690K (3.5GHz, not OC'd) | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 16GB (8GBx2) Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz | XFX R9 390 8GB | Seagate 600 240GB SSD | WD Blue 1TB + Hitachi 2TB HDDs| EVGA 750W 80+ B2 | CM Hyper 212 Plus | Corsair 300R | Win 7 x64 Pro
UPS: CyberPower CP1000PFCLCD PFC Sinewave 1000VA/600W

18 minutes ago, Vandelay said:

Did you keep the can of compressed air upright at all times?

If it's tilted too much or turned on its side, the liquid inside can spray out. I don't know if that would be enough to damage a motherboard or other component, though.

I kept it pretty upright. I did not even spray the motherboard with air. Only the intake fans, a cpu fan, and the heatsink and fans of the graphics card. I think I might have sprayed a bit of liquid on the cpu/intake fans but only a little on the blades. It just dissipated instantly. I don't know what to do. I'm stumped.  

i would double check the front panel connector. is it one piece or separate cables? if they are separate then i bet you mistakenly have the power jumper on the power and + pins and not on power and ground. 

4 hours ago, JohhnyBravo said:

i would double check the front panel connector. is it one piece or separate cables? if they are separate then i bet you mistakenly have the power jumper on the power and + pins and not on power and ground.  

Alright, could you help me point out which ones. The manual doesn't seem to have a specific name for each front panel connector pin. I have the ASUS PRIME B450M-A/CSM mATX Motherboard. (https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/PRIME-B450M-A-CSM)

4 hours ago, JohhnyBravo said:

Actually nvm. I forgot there are specifications on the mobo.

So I had a build not be able to power up after just cleaning out some fans. I tried everything but was kind of stumped. I thought it might have been the front panel connectors of my case causing the issue. I rearranged them correctly but still nothing happened. Then, I tried following an exact guide to jump a mobo without a power button but the board did not power on (ASUS PRIME B450M-A/CSM). So I came to the conclusion that the board might be faulty and can't boot or power on. It's kind of weird because the LED shines on the board so it might just be an issue with the Front_Panel connectors and the board's ability to power then boot. I'm fairly confident that my MOBO has an issue but I just wanna ask if this is the likely situation. Thanks!

Please dont create multiple posts for the same, issue, you can ask it in the same thread you made earlier

THIS IS MY SIGNATURE

5 hours ago, JohhnyBravo said:

I thought it might have been the front panel connectors of my case causing the issue. I rearranged them correctly but still nothing happened. Then, I tried following an exact guide to jump a mobo without a power button but the board did not power on (ASUS PRIME B450M-A/CSM). So I came to the conclusion that the board might be faulty and can't boot or power on. It's kind of weird because the LED shines on the board so it might just be an issue with the Front_Panel connectors and the board's ability to power then boot. I'm fairly confident that my MOBO has an issue but I just wanna ask if this is the likely situation.