M.2 NVMe SSDs, now with RGB- Someone get Linus on the phone immediately!

poochyena

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gigabyte-aorus-rgb-nvme-ssd,6079.html

This blingy new SSD is powered by Phison’s E12 controller and delivers up to 3.5/2 GB/s of read/write throughput, and, as the name implies, it features RGB lighting that tastefully accents the included heatsink.

The Aorus RGB comes in just two capacities of 256GB and 512GB priced at $79.99 and $119.99, respectively. While the drives are more expensive than SATA SSDs, they are quite competitively priced compared to other M.2 SSDs. Like other high-end drives, Gigabyte's drive comes backed by a five-year warranty.

aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9Q

Apparently the RGB craze hasn't died yet. Looks like its time for Linus to upgrade his ultimate rgb build from 2017

3 minutes ago, poochyena said:

The Aorus RGB comes in just two capacities of 256GB and 512GB priced at $79.99 and $119.99, respectively.

Still waiting for an RGB CPU.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

I just like the G and B...can I buy it without the R? Because R seems to always indicates a problem for me...

There's no place like ~

Spoiler

Problems and solutions:

FreeNAS

Spoiler

Dell Server 11th gen

Spoiler

ESXI

Spoiler

11 minutes ago, r2724r16 said:

353794292_AprilFools.PNG.c8c00e99ed8bdb28f5db248e036cc14c.PNG

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

given that he bought that oddball server cpu a bit ago, this feels the more appropriate

@LinusTech

Please stop

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Finally some great designs coming out that aren’t just the board. About time they stopped making the very naked with just green, black pcb.

1 hour ago, floofer said:

About time they stopped making the very naked with just green, black pcb.

black pcb's are schmexy tbh

My Patriot VPN100 1tb has a dark blue PCB, probably one of the best looking PCB's I've seen in a while.

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 4ghz @ 1.35v  CPU Cooler: Mugen 5 Rev b  Motherboard: MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon  GPU: Zotac RTX 2060 +150/+1000 Memory: 16GB Viper 4 @ 3200 CL14 Samsung B-die  Storage: 1TB Patriot VPN100 NVMe; 500GB 860evo; 128gb 840pro CaseCooler Master Q500L  PSU: CX750M V2 Operating System: Windows 10 Pro Other: 6 Corsair LL Fans; 2 aRGB Strips

3 hours ago, ReggieGRS said:

Seems legit

bought

It would be possible to make an RGB CPU that fits in a socket and uses it for power, only of use for dual CPU boards though.

18 minutes ago, Warrie said:

black pcb's are schmexy tbh

Cover up please ! This isn’t the 90s

Am I the only person who hates what Gigabyte has done with their brand? I hate the AORUS emblem and honestly wish they would go back to the orange SOC boards.

Maybe make an SOC branded NVME. Not that you can overclock it, but just branding because aesthetics.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Everyone kinda knew this was coming.?

Details separate people.

@..LinusTech hello hello LINUS LINUS THERE'S A RGB SSD LINUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSS RESPOND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

I mean we don't even see posts about new hardware X performance or specs in the title, but X type of hardware now has RGB too :/

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

TTL from OC3D tested this one and he said it's actually pretty good SSD and good value as a product.

23 hours ago, ReggieGRS said:

Seems legit

bought

100,000 points in 3Dmark cpu score.

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

On 4/20/2019 at 9:36 AM, r2724r16 said:

yeah wheres my fucking RGB IHS? screw cooling I want looks

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

I am waiting for Linus to do an RGB build wearing an RGB tuxedo.

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

On 4/20/2019 at 12:48 PM, Derkoli said:

-snip-

I lost it after "a free copy of lawbreakers"

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25