Linus Tech Tips Notifier for Firefox (EOL)

Oh, by the way, just wanted to point out (just in case you hadn't noticed that I added those, and if you're even using that code), it'd be cool if you changed the traceable URL attributes I add to some of the calls (generally to LTT and YouTube, I think—It's the mainly the "source=LTTNCE" and added version number), so that they are reflecting the Firefox extension calls, instead of the Chrome versions' calls.  ;)

Cheers,

Linus

If this add on is as good as the spinning firefox, I'm in

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Oh, by the way, just wanted to point out (just in case you hadn't noticed that I added those, and if you're even using that code), it'd be cool if you changed the traceable URL attributes I add to some of the calls (generally to LTT and YouTube, I think—It's the mainly the "source=LTTNCE" and added version number), so that they are reflecting the Firefox extension calls, instead of the Chrome versions' calls. ;)

Yeah, I noticed. If any admins are wondering, all traffic with ?source=LTTNFFE (I think, I'm afk right now ) is from the addon.

HTTP/2 203

Anyone interested in the addon also being supported on Firefox for Android? It shouldn't be too much work if it is supported (probably), but there's no point if nobody will use it. Actually, it probably won't be supported.

HTTP/2 203

Anyone interested in the addon also being supported on Firefox for Android? It shouldn't be too much work if it is supported (probably), but there's no point if nobody will use it. Actually, it probably won't be supported.

I know you crossed it out, but is the mobile version close to the desktop version? I'm just kind of curious on the matter. (I also use Firefox from my phone a lot, and I also browse the forums with it)

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

I know you crossed it out, but is the mobile version close to the desktop version? I'm just kind of curious on the matter. (I also use Firefox from my phone a lot, and I also browse the forums with it)

Its similar, but I don't think I can add an icon anywhere which is an issue.

HTTP/2 203

Its similar, but I don't think I can add an icon anywhere which is an issue.

Ahh yea, I guess that could be an issue. I've never really made anything in firefox besides scripts in Grease Monkey, so I don't really know too much about extensions.

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Could it be possible to have this as its own toolbar icon. I feel that glancing down to addon bar bit annoying. I could try to move it up also :P

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Could it be possible to have this as its own toolbar icon. I feel that glancing down to addon bar bit annoying. I could try to move it up also :P

You can move it, but at the moment it doesn't scale very well. I'll see whether I can change that though.

HTTP/2 203

Coo coo anyone have any screenshots? Are there any know complications with othe extensions?

Coo coo anyone have any screenshots? Are there any know complications with othe extensions?

Screenshots will be basically the same as the chrome version (pinned in off topic), although I am currently a few versions behind, and there should be no reason for it to have issues with other extensions because it's not insanely complicated and was built with the SDK which tries to work as well as possible.

More details soon (I can't work on it much today, but tomorrow I should hopefully sort of finalise it for a release on Saturday or Sunday)

HTTP/2 203

The beta version, at least to begin with, will be using the ui from the chrome extension v1.0.13, which is that there are only the settings for sound, popup and always display number. However, I intend by the full release to have a new ui with more features, but will ask for your feedback on it.

HTTP/2 203

I'll be a beta tester.

Woo!

I would like to try the beta :) I am a faithful Firefox user since Firefox 1.0 back in 2004.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

I would like to try the beta :) I am a faithful Firefox user since Firefox 1.0 back in 2004.

All hail ye oldie ff users!, ive been using it since some where around then as well, oh how many extentions I had for 1.5 it was ridiculous.

Beta now available at https://www.dropbox.com/s/ozkqqrj8a4x9mcr/ltt-notifier.xpi

Please read the updated first post.

Sweet, I can't wait to get it installed and play around with it!

Edit: Very very nice, I know it's just a port at this point of the Chrome one, but it is really awesome to finally have this. I will give you all the internet cookies now!

public class GiveCookie

{

private bool stop;

public int cookie;

public static void main(String[] args)

{

while(stop != true)

{

cookie += 500000;

}

}

}

I did actually find something that I think may be bug.. (It's possible it's just FireFox being dumb, but never the less) The Wan Show notification that pops up shows on my main monitor as apposed to my 2nd monitor that the window is actually in. Hopefully this will prove to be sort of useful.

Version 0.1.1b HOTFIX released - fixed multiple twitch notifications being sent for the same stream (one every minute to be precise) which would get annoying fast.

You need to manually update to this be redownloading the file from the original post.

HTTP/2 203

Sorry for posting so much on here, but I think it would be cool when you get your notifications that you can click a button on the menu to see the notifications or something without having to goto the website. Maybe just a description of what type the notification is? EX: Status Update, Post Liked, Post Quoted, etc. IF that's not possible because of some privacy stuff then I understand, but it would be a cool feature. Also, the new update that doesn't spam notification of the stream every minute is very nice.

Sorry for posting so much on here, but I think it would be cool when you get your notifications that you can click a button on the menu to see the notifications or something without having to goto the website. Maybe just a description of what type the notification is? EX: Status Update, Post Liked, Post Quoted, etc. IF that's not possible because of some privacy stuff then I understand, but it would be a cool feature. Also, the new update that doesn't spam notification of the stream every minute is very nice.

That is one of the features I intend to include in the release version of the script, as part of the UI improvements. It shouldn't be too difficult to manage though. And glad to hear that it's a feature that you'd like :D And nothing wrong with having lots of posts on here ;)

HTTP/2 203

Finally installed it and liking it so far. Is there anyway of bring the notification icon up to the area where the downloads and bookmarks are located instead of having the addon bar at the bottom?

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360