X9 rgb fans? Which is best?

Special K

Hi all,

Just wondering people's thoughts on the best RGB fans to use for a x9 fan 120mm set up.

The fans are going in a Lian-Li 011 dynamic. LED colour will stay on solid white. 

I'm willing to give up some CFM for the right looks.

I was looking at the Corsair ll120. But I've they're not compatible with some Asus motherboards? Also I'd need X2 Corsair commander pros? 

Any suggestions or information is greatly appreciated. Or any diagrams for the Corsair ll120s, showing what I'd need for the x9 fans with control over the RGB.

Thanks ?

Cpu: I7 5930k @4.2Ghz, Mobo: Asus x99-S, Ram: 16gb Corsair Vengeance ddr4, Gpu: x2  Evga super-clocked GTX 980's in sli,

Case:  Nzxt H440 Razer Edition, Storage: 250gb samsung 850 & x2 WD black 2TB.

PSU: 1050w Seasonic X-series gold. Cooling: Nzxt Kraken x61.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2019 at 1:12 PM, Special K said:

Hi all,

Just wondering people's thoughts on the best RGB fans to use for a x9 fan 120mm set up.

The fans are going in a Lian-Li 011 dynamic. LED colour will stay on solid white. 

I'm willing to give up some CFM for the right looks.

I was looking at the Corsair ll120. But I've they're not compatible with some Asus motherboards? Also I'd need X2 Corsair commander pros? 

Any suggestions or information is greatly appreciated. Or any diagrams for the Corsair ll120s, showing what I'd need for the x9 fans with control over the RGB.

Thanks ?

The Corsair LL's are noisy. The ML fans are far better. Corsair fans do not connect to Motherboards, so yes you will need two Lighting Node Pros, to get the RGB functionality working properly. I believe one Lighting Node Pro handles six fans, so you'd only need two. You can buy the Lighting Node Pro, as a separate piece from Corsair direct. You don't need the commander pro by the way, it's just a pointless extra expense.

On 4/30/2019 at 11:19 PM, weallhatethemods said:

The Corsair LL's are noisy. The ML fans are far better. Corsair fans do not connect to Motherboards, so yes you will need two Lighting Node Pros, to get the RGB functionality working properly. I believe one Lighting Node Pro handles six fans, so you'd only need two. You can buy the Lighting Node Pro, as a separate piece from Corsair direct. You don't need the commander pro by the way, it's just a pointless extra expense.

I did go for the ML120s in the end. Just need a good pwm fan controller now lol

Cpu: I7 5930k @4.2Ghz, Mobo: Asus x99-S, Ram: 16gb Corsair Vengeance ddr4, Gpu: x2  Evga super-clocked GTX 980's in sli,

Case:  Nzxt H440 Razer Edition, Storage: 250gb samsung 850 & x2 WD black 2TB.

PSU: 1050w Seasonic X-series gold. Cooling: Nzxt Kraken x61.