Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
A3r0Sp1k3

CaseKing to sell i9-9990XE on its own

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Source: https://www.anandtech.com/show/14205/intels-auction-only-core-i9-9990xe-available-in-retail-2999

 

Seems der8auer's buddies will be selling the SI-only CPU to anyone willing to pay the €2999 price. Wishful thinking, but I'd love to see a few of these involved in the next round of #RIPLTT, #RIPGN, etc.

 

They also have a dual system you can buy if you can summon up enough money:

 

Quote

The King Mod CKPC-843 is actually not one system, but two machines in one case. The primary Core i9-9900XE-based HEDT is used for gaming, with an RTX 2080 Ti and an ASUS Omega motherboard, whereas the secondary Core i5-9600K-powered one is used for streaming with an Elgato/Corsair 4K60 Pro card installed. If you want to stream your games and still enjoy all 14 cores of the HEDT machine, you can dedicate the second Mini-ITX PC solely to streaming. The CKPC-843 costs €12,999.90 with taxes.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder how intel feels about caseking selling these ala carte

 


Delidded 3770k 4.4GHz | Sapphire Nitro+ Special Edition RX 580 1550MHz/2250MHz  | #2 FireStrike Extreme & #2 Superposition 1080p Xtreme | 32GB DDR3 1600MHz

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, A3r0Sp1k3 said:

The King Mod CKPC-843 is actually not one system, but two machines in one case. The primary Core i9-9900XE-based HEDT is used for gaming, with an RTX 2080 Ti and an ASUS Omega motherboard, whereas the secondary Core i5-9600K-powered one is used for streaming with an Elgato/Corsair 4K60 Pro card installed. If you want to stream your games and still enjoy all 14 cores of the HEDT machine, you can dedicate the second Mini-ITX PC solely to streaming. The CKPC-843 costs €12,999.90 with taxes

2 Computers 1 Case


You can change this by going into your account settings, going down to your signature tab and Typing whatever fits within the rules.

 

Your welcome

Link to post
Share on other sites

Such an expensive rig and for some reason that second cpu is not a 9900k? Like, why?

It costs more than a damn car.

 

Ps: they have a 40k system as well, dafuq.


If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Link to post
Share on other sites

I really have to wonder, who is actually insane enough to buy these.


CPU: Intel Core i7 875k / GPU: Radeon HD7970 GHz 3GB  / RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GBx2 DDR3-1600
MOBO: ASUS P7P55D-e LX / SSD: Intel 520 120GB / Case: Cooler Master HAF912 / PSU: Corsair TX850w / OS: Windows 10 Pro

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/20/2019 at 12:33 PM, A3r0Sp1k3 said:

Source: https://www.anandtech.com/show/14205/intels-auction-only-core-i9-9990xe-available-in-retail-2999

 

Seems der8auer's buddies will be selling the SI-only CPU to anyone willing to pay the €2999 price. Wishful thinking, but I'd love to see a few of these involved in the next round of #RIPLTT, #RIPGN, etc.

 

They also have a dual system you can buy if you can summon up enough money:

 

 

there is no point in using it for that it doesnt have enough cores

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, samcool55 said:

Such an expensive rig and for some reason that second cpu is not a 9900k? Like, why?

An i7 8700 locked would have made more sense than an i5 9600K indeed for the second CPU.

 

Either ways the i9 9990XE is a bad processor, yeah... if it had iGPU and used Ring Bus then maybe it could be justified all the 'marketing' around it as the best CPU money can buy today.


Workstation Rig:
CPU:  Intel Core i9 9900K @4.7ghz  |~| Cooling: Noctua NH-U12P |~|  MOBO: Asus Z390M ROG Maximus XI GENE |~| RAM: 32gb 3200mhz CL16 G.Skill Trident Z RGB |~| GPU: nVidia TITAN V  |~| PSU: Corsair RM850X 80Plus Gold |~| Boot: WD Black M.2 2280 500GB NVMe |~| Storage: 2X4TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Iron Wolf + 2X2TB SSD SanDisk Ultra |~| Case: Cooler Master Case Pro 3 |~| Display: ASUS ROG Swift PG348Q 3440x1440p100hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.
Personal Use Rig:
CPU: Intel Core i7 8700 @4.45ghz |~| Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212X |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z370M D3H mATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: nVidia Founders Edition GTX 1080 Ti |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk SSD Plus G26 480gb |~| Case: Cooler Master Case Pro 3 |~| Display Setup: Acer X34 3440x1440p100hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

Either ways the i9 9990XE is a bad processor, yeah... if it had iGPU and used Ring Bus then maybe it could be justified all the 'marketing' around it as the best CPU money can buy today.

It suits it intended niche in HFT perfectly. That it might not necessarily be the best at games or consumer workloads is not a problem at all for Intel.


Main rig: Asus Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700k stock, Noctua D14, G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 2x8GB, Gigabyte Windforce 980Ti, Corsair HX750i, In Win 303 NVIDIA, Samsung SM951 512GB, WD Blue 1TB, HP LP2475W 1200p wide gamut

Gaming system: Asrock Z370 Pro4, i7-8086k stock, Noctua D15, G.Skill TridentZ 3000C14 2x8GB, Asus 1080 Ti Strix OC, Fractal Edison 550W PSU, Corsair 600C, Optane 900p 280GB, Crucial MX200 1TB, Sandisk 960GB, Acer Predator XB241YU 1440p 144Hz G-sync

Ryzen rig: Asrock B450 ITX, R5 2600, Noctua D9L, Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000 2x4GB, Vega 56, Corsair CX450M, NZXT Manta, Crucial MX300 525GB, Acer RT280K

VR rig: Asus Z170I Pro Gaming, i7-6600k stock, Silverstone TD03-E, Kingston Hyper-X 2666 2x8GB, Zotac 1070 FE, Corsair CX450M, Silverstone SG13, Samsung PM951 256GB, HTC Vive

Gaming laptop: Asus FX503VD, i5-7300HQ, 2x8GB DDR4, GTX 1050, Sandisk 256GB SSD

Total CPU heating: i7-7800X, 2x i7-6700k, i7-6700HQ, i5-6600k, i5-5675C, i5-4570S, i3-8350k, i3-6100, i3-4360, 2x i3-4150T, E5-2683v3, 2x E5-2650, R7 1700, 1600

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×