Microstutter after ram upgrade

Hi first post ever

Still cant tell if its ram or the cpu but there are microstutter about every five minutes after loading an area in game, doesnt matter if the game takes less or high ram, but when i take out the new 1x4gb ram stick it runs with no problems. i think it could relate to ram timing but am not sure

Also dont mind the cpu bottleneck in the video below its just for that game, same thing happens even on games with 50-60% cpu usage

Things i've tried :

Driver update using DDU

Changing CAS latency

Updated bios

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/16355252

https://ibb.co/zFvhFhK

https://youtu.be/2mtqS_VNudE

Looking at the YT video, your issue is you're CPU bottlenecked. You should never hit 100% usage while gaming. This is a classic sign of a CPU bottleneck. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

You are not pushing details to max out the GPU and the CPU can only push 60FPS.. what is the issue? 1050Ti is a perfect match.

If you want more details like Ultra + some bells and whistles then a RX 580 will deliver it with the same CPU at 60hz.

If this is after a ram upgrade then it's a memory problem.

10 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Looking at the YT video, your issue is you're CPU bottlenecked. You should never hit 100% usage while gaming. This is a classic sign of a CPU bottleneck. 

CPU usage has a direct correlation to memory so if his memory is a problem it can cause higher load due to congestion and judging by how it does not peg to 100% it is a congestion issue.

How this is happening i do not know.

2 hours ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Like i said Happens on most games with less cpu usage as well

https://youtu.be/5ScoC_2-tdE

On 4/20/2019 at 8:17 AM, Ridix786 said:

1x4gb ram stick it runs with no problems

Can you list what the mobo is and the memory kit specifically? from that userbenchmark we can tell the memory is underperforming and could be down clocking to JEDEC... have you tried to run in single channel?

Your HDD can always be an issue due to latest games like to do plenty of random write/read on disk even with assets loaded on memory, this is usually fine if the HDD is idlying and only has to deal with it or if using SSD.

But when you're working with HDD for OS and the program it is not that hard to bottleneck by actual storage which causes those micro-freezes as well, you could try a secondary drive... by preference put OS on SSD and move game and pagefile to HDD, or similar... but being honest your main issue is more than likely coming from your memory kit.

If you have any means to test a different kit that'd be perfect to ensure troubleshooting that's not a bad dimm on the motherboard or something.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

31 minutes ago, Princess Luna said:

Can you list what the mobo is and the memory kit specifically? from that userbenchmark we can tell the memory is underperforming and could be down clocking to JEDEC... have you tried to run in single channel?

Your HDD can always be an issue due to latest games like to do plenty of random write/read on disk even with assets loaded on memory, this is usually fine if the HDD is idlying and only has to deal with it or if using SSD.

But when you're working with HDD for OS and the program it is not that hard to bottleneck by actual storage which causes those micro-freezes as well, you could try a secondary drive... by preference put OS on SSD and move game and pagefile to HDD, or similar... but being honest your main issue is more than likely coming from your memory kit.

If you have any means to test a different kit that'd be perfect to ensure troubleshooting that's not a bad dimm on the motherboard or something.

Asus H61M-C motherboard 

1x Kingston KVR16N11S8 / 4gb 1600 MHz DDR3 Non-ECC CL11 DIMM 240-Pin, 1.5 V 
1x Kingston 4GB DDR3 1600MHz CL10 DIMM HyperX Red FURY Series 1.5 V

i did notice playing game that hogs below 4gb runs smooth but once i open opera or chrome or any other program that lets it exceed to 6 or 5 gb gets me some microstuttering while playing

Maybe its an issue with ram cas freq. timings?

2 hours ago, Ridix786 said:

Asus H61M-C motherboard 

1x Kingston KVR16N11S8 / 4gb 1600 MHz DDR3 Non-ECC CL11 DIMM 240-Pin, 1.5 V 
1x Kingston 4GB DDR3 1600MHz CL10 DIMM HyperX Red FURY Series 1.5 V

i did notice playing game that hogs below 4gb runs smooth but once i open opera or chrome or any other program that lets it exceed to 6 or 5 gb gets me some microstuttering while playing

Maybe its an issue with ram cas freq. timings?

Try giving your ram and cpu a bit more voltage, not loads just a little. you have fallen victim of using 2 different stick of RAM and thinking plugging them in will make them work together. You can make them work together but it often requires giving them some voltage in my experience. If you're watching netflix in your browser that will create micro stutters btw, not sure why it does this but it does and its mega annoying.