ASUS Prime X299-Deluxe II X299

Hello I need some help

I'am looking af the mainboard  asus PRIME X299-DELUXE II. and I can see there are 2 * 8-pin ProCool Connectors. Anybody who know that they are for and how importarnt, If I dont  overclock my computer. Does the type of cable come whit the mainboard or the PSU or is it som extra cable I have to buy?

with best regards

SirBond

They're regular EPS connectors. It is unclear if the mobo will work if you only have one connected and not both. I have the same configuration on a X299 TUF mark 2, and got a Corsair HX1000i which does have two EPS power outputs. I'd aim to find a PSU that has the two connectors, which will probably be limited to higher end models.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

i haven't seen boards that won't turn on without 2x8 connectors. except if you're running something really high end in it, you probably won't need that much power

just fyi if you are looking at skylake X. you probably dont want it, there are literally better products for you for cheaper. 

either in the form of the 9900k and the Threadrippers.

On 4/20/2019 at 12:26 PM, GoldenLag said:

just fyi if you are looking at skylake X. you probably dont want it, there are literally better products for you for cheaper. 

either in the form of the 9900k and the Threadrippers.

Do you have any suggestions for some really good mainboards too 9900k and the Threadrippers? Yes I know that's a hard questions to answer. But then I can get your opinion about it and the I can look at it if that is something for me.

Let's say you should buy a new mainboard to day. Only thing it have to be a atx or eatx

53 minutes ago, SirBond said:

Do you have any suggestions for some really good mainboards too 9900k and the Threadrippers? Yes I know that's a hard questions to answer. But then I can get your opinion about it and the I can look at it if that is something for me.

Let's say you should buy a new mainboard to day. Only thing it have to be a atx or eatx

The best boards to buy would be the MSI MEG Godlike/Creation or one of the top end Gigabyte boards. 

Have a look through here. You can get some ideas for which to pick

In the end its all about the budget. 

1 hour ago, GoldenLag said:

The best boards to buy would be the MSI MEG Godlike/Creation or one of the top end Gigabyte boards. 

Have a look through here. You can get some ideas for which to pick

In the end its all about the budget. 

I will look at it. thanks for help