HD 7950 boots normally, black screen into desktop

Hello everyone. So I was attempting to setup litecoin mining on my rig, and in the process it told me to download a certain catalyst driver, 13.1, so I did so. When I restarted my computer however, it boots up normally, signs me in (Windows 8.1 BTW) and as soon as it reaches what should be the desktop, it just has a black screen. Its an iluminated black screen however, and I can see my mouse cursor! I can boot into safe mode and it works fine, but when I try and install the new catalyst driver off of a usb (Had to download on laptop) it wont install properly because it needs to download a driver to detect my hardware...  I tried using the intigrated gpu by plugging the hdmi into my motherboard (sabertooth z87) and my monitor doesn't detect the input :( Ive been working at it for awhile and this is getting very frusterating, please help!

P.S I tried booting into "safe mode with networking" but it does the same thing that happens when I boot into windows normally, except I cant see the mouse cursor anymore.

Intel i5 4670k @4.2 GHz, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Asus Sabertooth Z87, Corsair Vengeance Pro 1600 MHz 16GB, Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8GB, EVGA SuperNOVA NEX650G, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, NZXT Switch 810, Asus MX34VQ, Asus MX239H.

I have had a somewhat similar problem with my 7870 (not using it for mining though). I found out if I disabled fast boot in my BIOS settings, it would boot up perfectly. It's at least worth a try