What is the difference between 60 and 144 hlz?

Wictorian
8 hours ago, Wictorian said:

I mean our eyes can only detect 24 fps, so what is the meaning of more fps?

24fps is bare minimum where you can see it as video not as slideshow, it is kinda limit for human eye but bottom one.

I used a 60hz monitor for years and decided to give 144hz a try after hearing everyone rave about it. I’d rather run a game on low 144hz then max 60hz. The smoothness of the game makes it much more enjoyable for me, especially when playing shooters 

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

15 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

No, you misunderstand. For some people there won't be a difference at all, I'm one of those people.

I genuinely cannot tell a difference between 60 and 244, I've played on 120, 144, 200 and 244 hertz displays, it feels identical to me. Below 60 and I notice instantly, above 60 makes no difference to me. My personal preference is 4K 60FPS with Adaptive Sync because high resolution makes a bigger difference to me than high FPS.

My best friend however loves his 244hz display, he plays everything at 1080p and as high an FPS as he can because he does notice the difference. Heck I've known him to run games at lower settings and sacrifice visual quality to get higher FPS.

To some people there will be no noticeable difference. Remember our eyes are not mechanical and everyone is different, there's no one size fits all answer.

Damn,

I don’t know what to say if you can’t see the difference between 60, 144 and 240. 

60 is so choppy and slow it’s unreal. 

But, you can’t tell the difference so it’s hard for you to comprehend just how much better 120-144/240 is. 

Nvidia did a interesting report and basically data gathered showed the smoother/higher the FPS - the better people did ...

16 hours ago, Wictorian said:

And what it changes is blurring?

https://www.testufo.com/

See if you can tell a difference between these options.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440