Bitfenix spectre pro 200mm does not spin up on startup

jaypro

My Bitfenix spectre 200mm case fan that I have plugged directly to the motherboard does not spin up when the computer starts. I have it at the front of my case, and if I manually spin it a little, to start it up, it will then start spinning. Is there a fix to this or is it time to buy a new fan?

Is the fan speed set at 100 % or did you set it to a lower %? it could be that the fan just doesnt have enough starting voltage to get it to spin.

You can also try plugging it in via a 3 pin to molex cable and see if it spins like that.

Edit; seems startup voltage of the fan is 5-7v

There could be a chance that the fan header might be broken. Or maybe the fan bios menu might be restricting the rpm of the fan.

Did you try plugging it in with a 3 pin to molex connector to see if it boots when you start up the pc? It could be that the motherboard isn't giving enough power to spin up. Try going into the bios and checking the rpm of the fan like the people above said.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

• 2 weeks later...

I had two of them. One on the top of 650D and one on the front.

One works, one doesn't.  I've also swapped them.  One works, one doesn't.  I've reached the conclusion that one of them is broken.