Hissing/Static When Playing Music

Tamaz

So I've been using my Arctic Pro + Gamedac for about a week and I am really satisfied with the product. It has great sound, comfort, personalization options, and a great mic. There is one problem though, and that is a hissing/static sound ONLY when playing music or audio. This is only really noticeable in voices. I should also note that it is not always there, which is the weird part. I also notice that it substantially reduces audio quality when it is there. In case that didn't make any sense, try imagining the song you're currently playing having a constant whisper of itself. I'd highly appreciate if somebody can help me resolve this issue. 

(Restarting the PC or resetting the drivers does not fix the issue)

Ahve you tried turning off 7.1 suround maybe the virtual surround is affecting it?

23 minutes ago, rice guru said:

Ahve you tried turning off 7.1 suround maybe the virtual surround is affecting it?

This, or check the "default format" setting for both the "game" and "chat" settings for the headset in device properties on the Windows side. Most steelseries headsets maintain two channels, for audio and for communications respectively, and occasionally the driver just scrambles things on first connection, and you end up with what Windows calls "Telephone Quality" for one channel, while the other is perfectly fine.

Thanks for the suggestions but I am using "hi-res" mode which does not allow surround sound. I also checked and both the mic and headphones are on 96000 hz.

8 hours ago, Tamaz said:

So I've been using my Arctic Pro + Gamedac for about a week and I am really satisfied with the product. It has great sound, comfort, personalization options, and a great mic. There is one problem though, and that is a hissing/static sound ONLY when playing music or audio. This is only really noticeable in voices. I should also note that it is not always there, which is the weird part. I also notice that it substantially reduces audio quality when it is there. In case that didn't make any sense, try imagining the song you're currently playing having a constant whisper of itself. I'd highly appreciate if somebody can help me resolve this issue. 

(Restarting the PC or resetting the drivers does not fix the issue)

Is the pc plugged into a grounded plug?

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

18 hours ago, Derkoli said:

Is the pc plugged into a grounded plug?

I hate to ask, but how do I check?

7 hours ago, Tamaz said:

I hate to ask, but how do I check?

There isnt really an easy way to check.. try taking the pc and plugging it in a different room, or even better a different floor of your house.

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)