PC Stuttering and Choppy-ness

mercurialzu

What are your specs? Normally these kinds of issues can be caused by a slow HDD. Also, try quitting your anitivrus, application dock (the thing at the top), etc. Also, viruses can cause this.

Quote or mention me or I won't be notified of your reply!

Main Rig: R7 3700x New!, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB, ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming New!, Corsair RGB 2x16GB 3200MHz New!, 512GB Crucial P5, 120GB Samsung SSD, 1TB Segate SSHD, 2TB Barracuda HDD

MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Max, 32GB RAM)

Links: My beautiful sketchy case | My website

I see on your video you replaced just about everything could be something like a faulty motherboard with bad vrms or something like that i would suggest replacing the motherboard.

On 4/19/2019 at 9:33 AM, ImAlsoRan said:

What are your specs? Normally these kinds of issues can be caused by a slow HDD. Also, try quitting your anitivrus, application dock (the thing at the top), etc. Also, viruses can cause this.

I have a i7-4770, GTX 1060 6GB, 16GB (8x2) dual channel. OS on 850 Evo 250Gb SSD, games off WD 1TB HDD
I'm running a fresh install of windows though

On 4/19/2019 at 10:45 PM, mastertyler04 said:

I see on your video you replaced just about everything could be something like a faulty motherboard with bad vrms or something like that i would suggest replacing the motherboard.

How do VRMs or a bad motherboard affect this?

• 3 weeks later...

If you still need this info bad vrms wont power the cpu with steady voltage which can lead to choppiness.

On 4/18/2019 at 6:33 PM, ImAlsoRan said:

I would agree with ImAlsoRan. An 850 Evo, if you got it in the year it came out would be rounding 5 years now. SSDs dont last forever, I would say try booting into a different disk that's formatted to windows.