Forgot Admin password, but auto login still works

iLikeProg

So I had to change my admin password a year ago and stupidly did not write down the password change. Autologin still works, so I can still boot and use the computer just fine. Since I am logged in as the admin, is there a way to change the password without knowing the current password? Or should I just backup my files and re-install all over again? 

Sorry for the noob question, I am new to windows after being a mac guy for years. I only use windows recreationally for games since building my first PC hackintosh. Thanks!

i think it should work in command line, cant remember exactly but it was like "net user *username* *password*" .

MSI GX660 + i7 920XM @ 2.8GHz + GTX 970M + Samsung SSD 830 256GB

Thanks for the quick replies all. I don't think I connected my ms account, really only boot to windows for games, though I might switch full-time to windows if Adobe continues to lay back on mac support. I'll google the command line way and see if that works. If not, i'll be back with more questions :) Thanks for the help.

If you are still logged in with an admin user and want to reset the build in administrator's password you can simply open compmgmt.msc, select System > Local users and groups > Users, right click Administrator and select Set Password.