Trouble with Writing to a drive.

benstalls

I took apart an old desktop and put the HDD in my own computer since I had a spare SATA Port. It's only 640G, but the more the merrier, right? I plan to use the old PC as an encoder yadda-yadda not really important. Up until now, I haven't had any reason to write to that drive. I wanted to install a game to it today but was met with a permission error. No biggie. I head over to F: drive >properties > Security > Everyone > Full Control. I'm the only one who uses the PC so I'd be fine with that option. When I go to click reply I'm met with an error.

whatthehell.PNG.b72de2dcbd08742f00a4d19f43869ff3.PNG

The computer I took the drive from was the computers ONLY drive. During its stay on that computer, it had three operating systems on it. Vista, 7, and 10. What could be the issue of this? If wiping the drive clean is a solution, it has to be a last resort. My parents had this for years before getting their own laptops. This drive could have at least 4-5 years of old tax stuff on it for all I know. I'm a dumb teenager and have no idea how any of that can be useful one day. Anything would be helpful.