Make ANY PC Into a Hackintosh!

nicklmg
3 minutes ago, lewdicrous said:

You can run macOS 9 through an emulator, at least that's what some people have been able to do.

You look to be correct. I’m not sure why that would be desirable for more than tinkering though. Macintosh OS 9 is from 1999 and would be quite incompatible with anything more recent

nm

image.png

Edited by BillB
duplicate - Cannot find the "Delete" button

On 4/18/2019 at 4:14 PM, GabenJr said:

I'm reasonably sure you'd get better performance via KVM/QEMU than VMWare, especially if it's a question of whether you've got a Linux or Windows host.

I watched the vid a couple of times. Read through the comments here. However, I am still wondering why you approached the problem this way.

What is the advantage of a linux install (that even you folks could not get to run well in a presumably reasonable amount of time)? Debugging any issues in that setup looks like trouble (at least it would be trouble for me).

VMWare on Windows is easy. I have an old Mac, so MacOS is no problem. Why can't I just build a Mac VM on Windows and be done with it?

I suspect that you hinted at the answer in your reply above. But how much  performance does it cost to use VMWare on a Windows host?

Other VMs I have used worked pretty well, as long as you remember that your memory is being used by both the host and the VM. (So, like double your normal memory is a good starting point). Is MacOS all that much different?

Hey everyone! 

I was curious if I want to install Mac OS on PC but without VM (make MAC as a main OS), where  can I find some guide regarding that?

Highly appreciate your help!

On 1/13/2020 at 7:26 PM, BillB said:

I watched the vid a couple of times. Read through the comments here. However, I am still wondering why you approached the problem this way.

What is the advantage of a linux install (that even you folks could not get to run well in a presumably reasonable amount of time)? Debugging any issues in that setup looks like trouble (at least it would be trouble for me).

VMWare on Windows is easy. I have an old Mac, so MacOS is no problem. Why can't I just build a Mac VM on Windows and be done with it?

I suspect that you hinted at the answer in your reply above. But how much  performance does it cost to use VMWare on a Windows host?

Other VMs I have used worked pretty well, as long as you remember that your memory is being used by both the host and the VM. (So, like double your normal memory is a good starting point). Is MacOS all that much different?

In my experience Linux is a lot less greedy regarding its use of resources compared to Windows. And I frankly don't trust windows to not just randomly do stuff like update itself and bork something. For those two reasons alone I'd prefer Linux as my host OS.

44 minutes ago, Vage said:

Hey everyone! 

I was curious if I want to install Mac OS on PC but without VM (make MAC as a main OS), where  can I find some guide regarding that?

Highly appreciate your help!

https://www.reddit.com/r/hackintosh/

• 7 months later...

Okay as far as hardware I am rather knowledgeable and I would hope I would be given my profession. I’m trying to run this but do it in arch based with only a terminal. I know I’ll probably get laughed at but I was working on this with my MSI GT72s and was going to dedicate my GPU to it but then that decided to die. Decided meaning I screwed up and killed it long story. Is there a way to tell Linux to not grab the built in intel graphics and have the kernel pass that over to the KVM. I realize if anything goes wrong I’ll likely have no option but to reload and try again, but I like challenges. I tried installing Mankato Architect but I can’t launch the KVM because there is no desktop GUI. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/18/2020 at 7:14 AM, BlueScope819 said:

Bang this into something like new builds and planning or software and someone will help you, no one can see it buried in this thread.

At the least you saw me. Thanks for the advise i'll try that

• 8 months later...
On 4/18/2019 at 10:04 PM, Shaneee said:

Or just install macOS physically on your machine :P

791nZV8.png

id really like to do this aswell, could you send me some instructions?:)))

• 4 months later...

when i try to start the vm it gives me this error pls help

Screenshot_2021-10-15_23-53-45.png

Error starting domain: Requested operation is not valid: network 'default' is not active

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/asyncjob.py", line 65, in cb_wrapper
    callback(asyncjob, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/asyncjob.py", line 101, in tmpcb
    callback(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/object/libvirtobject.py", line 57, in newfn
    ret = fn(self, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/object/domain.py", line 1329, in startup
    self._backend.create()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/libvirt.py", line 1353, in create
    raise libvirtError('virDomainCreate() failed')
libvirt.libvirtError: Requested operation is not valid: network 'default' is not active

• 1 year later...