Make ANY PC Into a Hackintosh!

nicklmg
  • 1 month later...

Hi guys,

I'm facing an issue when it comes to boot the ISO into the VM, I got the below error :

Boot failed: could not read from CDROM (code 0005)

I tried to rebuild the ISO but didn't help ...
Any idea? Thanks

• 2 months later...

I'd like some thoughts to my plan before attempting this.

What are the odds I could get this running on my server through an Unraid VM of Manjaro?

4 hours ago, UnInfamousAlec said:

I'd like some thoughts to my plan before attempting this.

What are the odds I could get this running on my server through an Unraid VM of Manjaro?

I'd suggest checking out the r/hackintosh subreddit, the InsanelyMac Forum, and the AMD OS X Forum (if you're thinking about AMD CPUs specifically) and the associated discord channels for more information and support. There's a few people who have a Hackintosh here (myself included) but not too many.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The rig I'm trying to do this on: CPU - i7-7800X @ 3.5 GHz | GPU - GTX 1080 | RAM - 16 GB DDR4 | 

Is there a possibility to make mac os and windows run on it using kvms? I had been using windows for roughly 2 years on this PC and would like to keep everything as is, but add Linux and Mac OS kvms as well... Is there a possibility to do that?

Hackintosh

more moral failings from linus

seems to be going down a dirty road

On 12/23/2019 at 12:24 PM, Aqrus said:

The rig I'm trying to do this on: CPU - i7-7800X @ 3.5 GHz | GPU - GTX 1080 | RAM - 16 GB DDR4 | 

Is there a possibility to make mac os and windows run on it using kvms? I had been using windows for roughly 2 years on this PC and would like to keep everything as is, but add Linux and Mac OS kvms as well... Is there a possibility to do that?

I don’t see why not. Check out r/Hackintosh and the discord servers they link to; there’s a lot more resources there.

On 12/23/2019 at 12:48 PM, amdorintel said:

more moral failings from linus

seems to be going down a dirty road

spacer.png

On 12/24/2019 at 2:39 PM, FriedEngineer said:

I don’t see

start chatting about making a hackintosh and see how far that goes

3 hours ago, amdorintel said:

As in it’s not allowed here?

On 12/26/2019 at 5:28 PM, amdorintel said:

Please stop spreading misinformation about this ;

• Any discussion on how to engage in piracy is not allowed, including the discussion of hacking or cracking.
    • Discussion of piracy in general is acceptable (e.g. "Game X becomes the most pirated game ever").
    • Hackintosh discussion is permitted.
    • Redistribution of copyrighted software, including links to third party hosting sites, is not permitted.

This isn't the first time you mentioned this, looks like you haven't read the Community Standards, I would advise you to carefully read it to make sure you ACTUALLY know what the rules of this forum are.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

On 12/27/2019 at 2:28 AM, amdorintel said:

Like this?

Please stop talking out of your ass.

So I've got an AMD R7 2700X, Asus X470 board, AMD RX580. Can I Hackintosh this on bare metal or via VM? I'd like to give my partner the option of not cooking her Macbook Pro rendering out projects and be able to do adjustments to her photos and convert from raw to jpg faster and use my 1440p color calibrated Dell monitor for photo editing. She's most familiar with her Mac software and finding free analogs to what she uses now is frustrating because 'it's not the same' so she won't use it.

9 hours ago, Bitter said:

So I've got an AMD R7 2700X, Asus X470 board, AMD RX580. Can I Hackintosh this on bare metal or via VM? I'd like to give my partner the option of not cooking her Macbook Pro rendering out projects and be able to do adjustments to her photos and convert from raw to jpg faster and use my 1440p color calibrated Dell monitor for photo editing. She's most familiar with her Mac software and finding free analogs to what she uses now is frustrating because 'it's not the same' so she won't use it.

I'd suggest this site for native (not VM) hackintoshes on AMD CPUs: https://amd-osx.com/

Personally never tried to run functional macOS on a VM (the ones I tried have always been slow and did not utilize GPU passthrough), so I don't know of a good site for that.

1 minute ago, lewdicrous said:

I'd suggest this site for native (not VM) hackintoches on AMD CPUs: https://amd-osx.com/

Personally never tried to run functional macOS on a VM (the ones I tried have always been slow and did not utilize GPU passthrough), so I don't know of a good site for that.

That looks great, thank you!

What does it mean that it needs a "USB Controller" to pass through?
As in a PCIe USB card?

Is it possible to pass through the USB from the rear IO or even a specific motherboard USB header?
I want to do something like this but with an ITX board, which means I can't have a dedicated GPU and a dedicated USB card..?

11 hours ago, xDchoisauce said:

What does it mean that it needs a "USB Controller" to pass through?
As in a PCIe USB card?

Is it possible to pass through the USB from the rear IO or even a specific motherboard USB header?
I want to do something like this but with an ITX board, which means I can't have a dedicated GPU and a dedicated USB card..?

Are you trying to make macOS work in a VM (like they do in the video) or are you trying to install it on bare hardware (so instead of booting to a hypervisor, which would then launch the macOS VM, you boot to macOS directly). Also, are you building a machine (ie you haven't purchased parts yet) or are you doing this with an existing machine (ie you already have this ITX board based machine purchased or assembled)?

I have seen people hackintosh older Lenovo Thinkpads quite a lot

The Daily Driver:
AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  |  EVGA GTX 1070 SC  |  48GB Crucial Ballistix Elite DDR4-3600  | Corsair 750D Case
AsRock X570 Pro 4 mobo

iRacing Sim Rig:

i5-10600k @ 5.0 GHz  |  EVGA GTX 1080ti Hybrid  | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600  |  Corsair Air 540 Case
ASUS Z490-E ROG Strix mobo

Hackintosh concept makes more sense than ever with the new base Mac Pro prices...

It might be a stupid question. But wouldn't it be possible to run macOS this way on a Raspberry Pi 4? Arch Linux runs on a Raspberry Pi, so this is the only requirement, right?

3 hours ago, P2D said:

It might be a stupid question. But wouldn't it be possible to run macOS this way on a Raspberry Pi 4? Arch Linux runs on a Raspberry Pi, so this is the only requirement, right?

Through an emulator, maybe, but it won't be the latest version of macOS. (macOS 9 or older)

On 1/10/2020 at 1:56 AM, P2D said:

No. Raspberry Pi uses an ARM based processor and there has never been any version of macOS for ARM. A hackintosh is possible because Apple uses Intel processors, which are the x86-64 architecture. AMD also uses this, which is why AMD processors are also theoretically possible (I have one, so they more or less work, but it’s not entirely compatible. A more complete answer is beyond the scope of your question)

Macintosh OS 9 was for PowerPC, which is yet another, different architecture. iOS is ARM though so you’d have a better chance of that as it’s at least the same architecture (though I’m not aware of any projects doing that).

18 hours ago, FriedEngineer said:

No. Raspberry Pi uses an ARM based processor and there has never been any version of macOS for ARM.

You can run macOS 9 through an emulator, at least that's what some people have been able to do.