PC Ethernet wifi always becomes slow!

Waynelu127

(I'm not sure if this the right place to put this post) I have a https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/Z390-AORUS-PRO-rev-10 with a TP-Link wifi range extender. My brother's PC has one too and his always manages to stay above 30mbs download and 5+ mbs upload. However mine is sometimes 40 download and 5 upload, but occasionally it will dip very low. Around 0.05 download and 3 upload. The ping goes crazy as well. This only happens with my PC, as I've already tried switching wifi extenders and updating my drivers. Any thing else I could try? 

Are you both downloading at the same time or is this even when you're downloading and his computer isn't even online? Are there a large number of wifi devices connected and are you closer to something that could be a source of interference compared to your brother? Is your brother closer to the router than you? What adapter(s) are you using and what router do you have?

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

44 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Are you both downloading at the same time or is this even when you're downloading and his computer isn't even online? Are there a large number of wifi devices connected and are you closer to something that could be a source of interference compared to your brother? Is your brother closer to the router than you? What adapter(s) are you using and what router do you have?

This happens usually when he is also online, I'm not quite sure though because we are always online together. My wifi is pretty good when he isn't downloading anything, but once he starts downloading a game then my wifi becomes shit. Also my wifi seems to have random moments when the ping increases a ton, and my wifi slows down a ton as well. He has never experienced that. The router is downstairs, both my brother's room and mine are upstairs. I'm a bit closer to the router. There is a good amount connected, but his is always faster when both our PCs are connected. I have some TP link adapters, connected to a deco wifi router I think. 

32 minutes ago, Waynelu127 said:

This happens usually when he is also online, I'm not quite sure though because we are always online together. My wifi is pretty good when he isn't downloading anything, but once he starts downloading a game then my wifi becomes shit. Also my wifi seems to have random moments when the ping increases a ton, and my wifi slows down a ton as well. He has never experienced that. The router is downstairs, both my brother's room and mine are upstairs. I'm a bit closer to the router. There is a good amount connected, but his is always faster when both our PCs are connected. I have some TP link adapters, connected to a deco wifi router I think. 

Sounds like his computer is being prioritized over your connection. If you can try to poke around in the router settings and see if there is any QoS options that are currently configured perhaps.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

44 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Sounds like his computer is being prioritized over your connection. If you can try to poke around in the router settings and see if there is any QoS options that are currently configured perhaps.

Thank you. I can see how that would work. But once in a while my ping would randomly increase for a 2-10 minutes. The speed would be around 0.01-2 mbs download. Would you know why that would happen? It sometimes fixes it self after re-pairing the WiFi adapters. I've switched adapters and it still only happens  to me. Could there be an issue with my Ethernet on my MB or would that not be likely?