VIDEO QUALITY VS MEMORY CARD CAPACITY

I am looking into Cheap   action cams -- I found 1 that automatically overwrites old footage.

I need to know how big a card I would need to film 100 mins at 1080p & 30fps.

Can any of you pros help a newbie out

Such cameras typically have a fixed bitrate or an average bitrate that's relatively fixed...

For example, let's say camera records at 40mbps ... that means camera uses 40 megabits  / 8 megabits in 1 MB = 5 MB per second for the video part.

Add around 200 KB per second for audio and other crap, and for safety round that up to 0.5 MB and you have 5.5 MB/s or 5.5 x 60 seconds = 330 MB per minute or 330 x 100 = 33000 MB or  /1024 = 32.2 GB for 100 minutes.

ALTERNATIVELY, if you already have the video camera, just download a video from the camera, look at the time in the video then check file size ... divide file size by number of seconds and you get your MB/s and from there you can estimate 100 minutes.

A 64gb memory card should be more than enough to record 100 minutes of FHD video with an action camera like a GoPro or similar clones.

yeah what would i know about cameras or cinematography compared to you tech people.  i've only done this work for nearly 20 years, won a few awards, worked in over a dozen different countries and a few multi million dollar projects