MSI software Rant.

I'm sure many of you also have this problem but I am TIRED of all the different, half baked software MSI has you download for their products. I need mystic lighting, game sense for the monitor(this is technically SteelSeries but read on and you'll see my point), an OSD app, dragon center etc. I would be fine with this except the different applications are designed poorly, imo, and are simplistic in functionality. The worst part is they offer phone app connectivity which works half the time, and requires you to have one app PER SOFTWARE. Best part is 9 times out of 10 you have to have the software open on your PC to control it with your phone apps, otherwise it won't sync all the options up properly. Why doesn't it ALL become a part of Dragon Center? Dragon Center is supposed to be the generalized software that functions as a main control panel. Yet, it's the least powerful piece of software out of the bunch and acts as a gimmick!

The Louvre

Lian-Li PC-O11 DW   |   ZOTAC RTX 2080   |   Core i5 9600k   |   SeaSonic FOCUS Plus 650W Platinum   |   MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon  |  2x16Gb TRIDENT Z ROYAL  |   2xSX8200 240Gb NVME SSD's  |   1x Seagate Firecuda 1TB   |   EVGA Closed Loop Cooler 280mm   |   1x MSI MPG27C Monitor

I love MSI hardware, but their software game is awful

I fell ya man

i7 6700k, GTX 1080, Crucial MX 300, Maximus VII Hero, WD Blue, 16 GB RAM

These brands, MSI, Dell, Asus, Acer etc etc are all hardware companies. Which is why they're software sucks. Poor software isn't limited to just MSI.  

Saw MSI and RANT in one sentence.... just stopped by to say while I was in school, one of my peers had the absolute worst experience with a MSI laptop (2014) and I have not touched MSI since.

The only decent software they have is probably MSI Afterburner that works for OC-ing just about any GPU.

Other than that I wouldn't touch any of their other nonsense.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Heatsink: ID-Cooling Frostflow X GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Mini 6GB RAM: KLEVV Bolt 3600Mhz (2x8GB) Mobo: ASUS B550-F ROG Strix (Wifi)  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: Deepcool DQ-M-V2L

no more msi  for me.

bad bios & utilities software. faulty gpu fans, buggy gaming apps, poor build quality (ram/ pcie slot ripped off !!) etc.

yet still I may get their GPU in future lol.

Wasn't D3DOverrrider funded by MSI?

I wish they would update that brilliant software, still haven't found any program to force DirectX VSync and DirectX Triple Buffering on old 3D applications.

Such a shame.