Weird colors on dark scenes

AverageTechGuy

So this is happening with my monitor lately. its way worse now that i did a fresh install of windows on my pc. I'm sure this is probably a calibration issue but i have no idea how to properly calibrate my monitor. The model is a Dell S2417DG. the first picture is during dark scenes on netflix. I mainly have the issue with the artifact looking stuff around the face in this scene.  im sure this would happen on any video though. and the second happens when the screen is completely black. the entire screen will be filled with those red lines. that one has never happened before even before the reinstall.  I would appreciate any help I can from the community here. thank you.

IMG_20190417_213159.jpg

IMG_20190410_212956.jpg

33 minutes ago, AverageTechGuy said:

So this is happening with my monitor lately. its way worse now that i did a fresh install of windows on my pc. I'm sure this is probably a calibration issue but i have no idea how to properly calibrate my monitor. The model is a Dell S2417DG. the first picture is during dark scenes on netflix. I mainly have the issue with the artifact looking stuff around the face in this scene.  im sure this would happen on any video though. and the second happens when the screen is completely black. the entire screen will be filled with those red lines. that one has never happened before even before the reinstall.  I would appreciate any help I can from the community here. thank you.

-snip-

The first looks like it's a calibration issue.

The second looks like it's a issue with your video card.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

ok. ill have to look into the red line issue i guess then. as far as calibration, do you have nay tips on going about this? ive never really had to calibrate a monitor before so I dont have the slightest clue on going about this. 

7 hours ago, AverageTechGuy said:

ok. ill have to look into the red line issue i guess then. as far as calibration, do you have nay tips on going about this? ive never really had to calibrate a monitor before so I dont have the slightest clue on going about this. 

Without a proper calibration device your going to have to eyeball it using a calibration program or website.

i.e

http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |