preventing game crashing/helpful tips

nickperry420

random game crashes and wired PC behavior 

this was happening to me on a lot of games and like most PC gamer's I always tweak my graphics card settings to my liking. I found that ANY time I change settings in my graphics properties while under windows OS I need to restart my PC right away. In my experience some other problems this has resolved are brief graphic artifacts/screen black out, and GPU wattage withdrawal, and power supply's being burnt out. the new cool AMD/Nividia overclocking software make's it look so easy to over clock your your PC, and it is as long as you use some precautions, hear are some things i do to keep my PC safe and stable  

1: Restart your PC after any software based tweaking under Windows; GPU/CPU/MOTHERBOARD

2; Never adjust settings while your PC is under load (including game graphic settings) try to do these at the main menu 

3: do not shut your PC down after heavy loads allow your PC to idle for a few minutes this will allow your hard ware to cool off( same goes with gaming console's) 

4: keep a back up electric storage device in case you have a power outage or brown out

I am pretty sure this info is already out there in some user manual but there often discarded 

9 minutes ago, nickperry420 said:

I am pretty sure this info is already out there in some user manual but there often discarded 

It's not, because what you're describing isn't really necessary.

10 minutes ago, nickperry420 said:

1: Restart your PC after any software based tweaking under Windows; GPU/CPU/MOTHERBOARD

CPU/Motherboard settings should be tweaked in UEFI/BIOS anyway. Anything those utilities in the OS can do, you can usually do in UEFI/BIOS

Unfortunately I don't really have a choice with the GPU, but I've been tweaking things on the GPU for years without needing to reboot. I'm pretty sure most other people have as well.

2; Never adjust settings while your PC is under load (including game graphic settings) try to do these at the main menu 

I adjust settings while in game anyway because it's the fastest way to see a change. Besides that, some games have a fully rendered main menu screen (Rise of the Tomb Raider, The Division, Half-Life 2, etc.), so you basically have no choice but to change settings while the PC is "under a load."

3: do not shut your PC down after heavy loads allow your PC to idle for a few minutes this will allow your hard ware to cool off( same goes with gaming console's) 

This is the only tip that I see has practicality, but I also don't really find it to be that much of a concern because well... I'm pretty sure the hardware designers have accounted for this to some degree.

19 minutes ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

Unfortunately I don't really have a choice with the GPU, but I've been tweaking things on the GPU for years without needing to reboot. I'm pretty sure most other people have as well

I don’t reboot when OC, but for driver updates, and gpu bios flashes, I reboot.

that's what i thought too and i tried reinstalling drivers so many times even used DDU but the problem kept persisting during game play but i allways loded windows played with my GPU setings saved the profile and launched the game and the games wold crash spit an error but it was not routine ya know so i tryed loading my gpu setings rebooting pc and then launching the game i have not had a single issue yet and it fixed thing during my game play like the random flashes or stuff  

and it was not windows either because i reinstalled a few times to see if that was the issue