Please take LTX on the road next year!

IDKFA

I really want to go this year but the UK is too far to haul the family (or abandon them). You could tour it quite easily, like a band would. Lot's of bank to be made and lots of fans to please. 
I'll just leave that idea out there. 

3 minutes ago, IDKFA said:

You could tour it quite easily

I don't think touring across the country/world is an option cause of everything that would need to be transported, not just from LMG, but from sponsors and whatnot.

7 minutes ago, IDKFA said:

like a band would

Bands usually tour for weeks or months, LTT can't just leave work for a month or so.

5 minutes ago, lewdicrous said:

I don't think touring across the country/world is an option cause of everything that would need to be transported, not just from LMG, but from sponsors and whatnot.

Bands usually tour for weeks or months, LTT can't just leave work for a month or so.

Yeah, I mean I know all the reasons it probably won't happen. But I would kick myself if I didn't throw the idea out there. You never know. Might spark something! 

while the idea sure sounds fun to imagine "the grand tour" style shows across the world...it is asking a lot. just look at what they set in motion for this years LTX. if theyd want to keep that standard they would need to become some sort wandering tech circus. i cant / wont afford to go this year either but immidiatly asking for them to come to you? you know how many fans there are? the mountain does not come to mohamed.

also i ffel its a bit unfair to put 100% of the effort and commitment on them. they aalready did more then enough orgnaizing the whole thing and paying for it all beforehand and taking all that stress and you want to make them come to you on top of that ? how about you meet them halfway and put some effort into it? or dont like me but expecting them to come to your door like here we are. we heard you wanted a picture and shake some hands.

idk

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

Just now, IDKFA said:

Yeah, I mean I know all the reasons it probably won't happen. But I would kick myself if I didn't throw the idea out there. You never know. Might spark something! 

Maybe they'll host one in EU or UK sometime in the future, but I don't think it's in their radar as of now.

14 minutes ago, cluelessgenius said:

while the idea sure sounds fun to imagine "the grand tour" style shows across the world...it is asking a lot. just look at what they set in motion for this years LTX. if theyd want to keep that standard they would need to become some sort wandering tech circus. i cant / wont afford to go this year either but immidiatly asking for them to come to you? you know how many fans there are? the mountain does not come to mohamed.

also i ffel its a bit unfair to put 100% of the effort and commitment on them. they aalready did more then enough orgnaizing the whole thing and paying for it all beforehand and taking all that stress and you want to make them come to you on top of that ? how about you meet them halfway and put some effort into it? or dont like me but expecting them to come to your door like here we are. we heard you wanted a picture and shake some hands.

idk

You do realise Linus Media Group is a business yes? They haven't organised LTX out of the goodness of their heart. They aren't a charity. 
Alas, I'm not "expecting them to come to my door". It was just a suggestion. 

10 minutes ago, IDKFA said:

You do realise Linus Media Group is a business yes? They haven't organised LTX out of the goodness of their heart. They aren't a charity. 
Alas, I'm not "expecting them to come to my door". It was just a suggestion. 

actually since they are expecting to barely break even with LTX it kinda is charity. certainly not for profit.

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

5 minutes ago, IDKFA said:

You do realise Linus Media Group is a business yes? They haven't organised LTX out of the goodness of their heart.

What?

14 minutes ago, cluelessgenius said:

actually since they are expecting to barely break even with LTX it kinda is charity. certainly not for profit.

Whether they profit from LTX directly (literal ticket sales) is irrelevant. I would image they would be happy if they just wash their face with it for the first few years. It's about growing the bigger brand, about making Linus Media Group bigger, with a more diverse portfolio. Potentially even turning LTX potentially into something that will make money in the future. Linus wont like having so much of the company resting on youtube (eggs, one basket comes to mind). Hence Floatplane and LTX. Clever guy. Alas, this isn't business school.

Anyway, I don't seriously expect them to take it on the road any time soon. Just thought I would throw the idea into the ring. You never know where it might go. There could be a whole new arm of the business in touring technology shows. Who knows. 

Honestly, I think the farthest they'd be willing to travel would be somewhere in the U.S. (assuming they are going to travel at all). The logistics of crossing seas would make it pretty impossible imo

1 minute ago, CPotter said:

If we went worldwide with an event, it would likely have to be something different than LTX, scaled down as well.

You can have my barn as a venue in NZ. $10 NZD per night for the whole event not joking. 

On 4/24/2019 at 12:36 PM, floofer said:

You can have my barn as a venue in NZ. $10 NZD per night for the whole event not joking. 

NZ would be so cool to go to one day.

DEAL.

20 minutes ago, CPotter said:

NZ would be so cool to go to one day.

DEAL.

Well sure. PM for my work email when you want to do down. If you want one of those work holiday vacations that Linus does, you’re welcome to borrow my truck and head down to Fiordland. 

• 2 weeks later...

The idea in this world much of the time is to make profit and so doing it the way they are doing it now works like a charm for them.  If they took it on the road they'd have to charge far more.  How many in the community are willing to spend insane money to help cover their costs?  I'd love to have them show up in London, Ontario which is over half a million people and could support things but I never expect to see it.