Avast blocks games

idk where to put this, so if a mod can move it to the right place ty :)

i have forza horizon 3 on pc, from the microsoft store, and it wont launch because of Avast antivirus.

i disable the antivirus, it still doesnt launch.

i uninstall Avast, and then i reboot the pc which fixes this problem, but i need avast on my pc :D

does anyone have a clue on how to fix this without removing avast?

Im going to blow your mind

Anti Virus software is BS

Avast is plugged really hard by my CIS prof, and when I tried it, I had the same issue with Steam and our IDEs. (good thing that prof is leaving)

Just use Malware Bytes and don't download EXE files online

i7 6700k, GTX 1080, Crucial MX 300, Maximus VII Hero, WD Blue, 16 GB RAM

5 minutes ago, Flawizz said:

idk where to put this, so if a mod can move it to the right place ty :)

i have forza horizon 3 on pc, from the microsoft store, and it wont launch because of Avast antivirus.

i disable the antivirus, it still doesnt launch.

i uninstall Avast, and then i reboot the pc which fixes this problem, but i need avast on my pc :D

does anyone have a clue on how to fix this without removing avast?

Just use Windows Defender mixed with careful web surfing

Just now, jake9000 said:

Add the directory the gamefiles are in to the exclusions list: 

https://support.avast.com/en-us/article/Antivirus-scan-exclusions  

already done that, didnt work either

1 minute ago, Slottr said:

Why in the world do you NEED avast?

makes me feel safe :D

2 minutes ago, KING OF THE DIRTY DANS said:

Im going to blow your mind

Anti Virus software is BS

Avast is plugged really hard by my CIS prof, and when I tried it, I had the same issue with Steam and our IDEs. (good thing that prof is leaving)

Just use Malware Bytes and don't download EXE files online

can u prove it is bs? many recommend it, also im not that type of person to download cracked stuff and exe's, if i need a game il get the license for it :)

some say its not usefull, some say hackers rely on people that think antivirus like avast are bs

prove?

1 minute ago, Flawizz said:

Get rid of it, use windows defender and malwarebytes

You won't have any problems.

Stop downloading harmful shit

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Just now, Flawizz said:

already done that, didnt work either

can u prove it is bs? many recommend it, also im not that type of person to download cracked stuff and exe's, if i need a game il get the license for it :)

some say its not usefull, some say hackers rely on people that think antivirus like avast are bs

prove?

To the point of BS, you could watch countless videos by SomeOrdinaryGamers (Virus Investigations) or look into the whole Office Depot scandal as of recent

i7 6700k, GTX 1080, Crucial MX 300, Maximus VII Hero, WD Blue, 16 GB RAM

Yeaaah, plain "anti virus" are crap and not that much better than Windows defender by itself.

What isn't BS, is a good firewall(or security suite). Windows' "firewall" ain't going to protect you for shit against threats from infected websites, its protection is rudimentary at best, it may as well not exist.

Also, in most security suite these days, you have protections against ransomware, which can be obtained on facebook from infected friends if you're not extra paranoid about what you accept from them... or from an infected USB drive... Or many other places really.

Unlike the other users here, I won't recommend that Windows Defender + Malwarebyte is good enough if you're "extra careful online". 

Any website can be infected with crap, be it from bad ads or from being hacked.

It might be fine for experimented users, but the fact that you're here asking this question just goes to show that you're really not.

I'd just suggest a different security suite, give bitdefender a try, you can get a 90 days free trial on their website, of their Total Security suite.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Avast is also known to have horrid issues with games, it isn't a good antivirus.

As others have said, install malwarebytes. If you ever want to download something sketchy, throw together a VM and use it as a burner. Very, very few virus' are coded to detect VM's and permeate into the host. Those that are target far more important people and organizations than you and me.

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

Avast and AVG are pointless. 

Windows Defender + Malwarebytes + uBlock Origin works fine for me. 

I mention uBlock Origin here because it actually blocks a ton of pop-ups, removes a lot of banners that contain fake buttons that can send you to horrible websites, and generally lowers the amount of crap that's being loaded from a webpage. 

The most important thing, of course, is careful browsing. If you really must go to some fishy website, then I suggest simply loading up a virtual machine using Oracle VM Virtualbox and then using the trial version of whatever Linux distro you prefer to browse the fishy sites. 

Ryzen 1600x @4GHz

Asus GTX 1070 8GB @1900MHz

16 GB HyperX DDR4 @3000MHz

Asus Prime X370 Pro

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Noctua NH-U14S

Seasonic M12II 620W

+ four different mechanical drives.

2 minutes ago, Giganthrax said:

The most important thing, of course, is careful browsing. If you really must go to some fishy website, then I suggest simply loading up a virtual machine using Oracle VM Virtualbox and then using the trial version of whatever Linux distro you prefer to browse the fishy sites. 

I would agree, but most virus' are coded for windows and thus running an unactivated build of Windows would be better to see what you may be dealing with.

That's always been my idea anyways.

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

7 minutes ago, SenpaiKaplan said:

I would agree, but most virus' are coded for windows and thus running an unactivated build of Windows would be better to see what you may be dealing with.

That's always been my idea anyways.

He can do that as well, but I'm kinda assuming that he doesn't intend to actually be browsing these fishy websites all the time. What fishy websites are there that someone would want to be browsing every day, anyway? :P 

I guess he could be afraid of torrent sites, but then, I've been using the "reputable" torrent sites my whole life (3rd world country) and getting a virus that can't be stomped by Malwarebytes and Windows Defender is actually pretty difficult. 

Ryzen 1600x @4GHz

Asus GTX 1070 8GB @1900MHz

16 GB HyperX DDR4 @3000MHz

Asus Prime X370 Pro

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Noctua NH-U14S

Seasonic M12II 620W

+ four different mechanical drives.

To be honest, I dumped Avast after I found out that it was altering security certificates which made the more recent versions of firefox not load any secure web pages plus I'd had issues with it previously blocking UWP apps and classing them as malicious.