OnePlus 6t Vs Samsung A9

The.GVS

Hey guys, I have a Samsung C9 Pro right now and wanted to get a new phone. I will have to keep the next phone atleast for 3 years. Which do I go for? Software updates are a big deal for me. And I don't know if I'm gonna miss the earphone jack if I go for 6t. The only gaming I do on my phone is Steam LInk(atleast for now) Which do you guys recommend?

32 minutes ago, The.GVS said:

Hey guys, I have a Samsung C9 Pro right now and wanted to get a new phone. I will have to keep the next phone atleast for 3 years. Which do I go for? Software updates are a big deal for me. And I don't know if I'm gonna miss the earphone jack if I go for 6t. The only gaming I do on my phone is Steam LInk(atleast for now) Which do you guys recommend?

here are a few options worth considering:

getting a note 9(since its about the same price as a 6t)

waiting for the new pixel phones to come out

12 hours ago, ki8aras said:

here are a few options worth considering:

getting a note 9(since its about the same price as a 6t)

waiting for the new pixel phones to come out

No, Note 9 is ₹67K where as 6t(6 GB ram) and A9 are under ₹35K

2 hours ago, The.GVS said:

No, Note 9 is ₹67K where as 6t(6 GB ram) and A9 are under ₹35K

oh okay my bad then

20 hours ago, The.GVS said:

To start: remember that you're only going to get major updates for a maximum of two years because you're using Android.

Of the two, I'd go for a OnePlus 6T.  It has faster hardware, the interface itself is faster, and you won't wait six months to get an OS revision.  You probably won't miss having a native headphone jack unless you insist on listening while you charge.  When I was using wired audio with my iPhone I just left the adapter attached to my headphones, plugged it in and stopped worrying about it.

On 4/17/2019 at 7:25 PM, Commodus said:

To start: remember that you're only going to get major updates for a maximum of two years because you're using Android.

Of the two, I'd go for a OnePlus 6T.  It has faster hardware, the interface itself is faster, and you won't wait six months to get an OS revision.  You probably won't miss having a native headphone jack unless you insist on listening while you charge.  When I was using wired audio with my iPhone I just left the adapter attached to my headphones, plugged it in and stopped worrying about it.

Thanks

Oneplus of course.

No chance, a Midrange beats a Flaggship.

Why would you miss the headphone Jack? Oneplus 6T has a USB C -> 3.5mm Adapter included. There is nothing to miss out (btw: i am someone, who uses ONLY wired headphones, and would never use wireless trash).

You actually need at least a Samsung Galaxy S9+ to beat a Oneplus 6T.

8 hours ago, Darkseth said:

Oneplus of course.

No chance, a Midrange beats a Flaggship.

Why would you miss the headphone Jack? Oneplus 6T has a USB C -> 3.5mm Adapter included. There is nothing to miss out (btw: i am someone, who uses ONLY wired headphones, and would never use wireless trash).

You actually need at least a Samsung Galaxy S9+ to beat a Oneplus 6T.

And A9's Quad-camera setup?

10 hours ago, The.GVS said:

And A9's Quad-camera setup?

Main sensor is a 24MP Camera. Can't really find specific sensor details, but i doubt, a Midrange phone will get a Flaggship sensor. So i doubt, this one will be better than OP 6T's Camera. Maybe similar, maybe worse. But better? Nah. It needs to be a modern flaggship sensor for this.

1 of those 4 Cameras is a super wideangle with 8 MP (which distorts images)

Next one is a Telephoto Lense with x2 optical Zoom (10 MP).

And the 4th one is useless decoration - because it's only for depth information. That's why Oneplus 6 and 6T are basicly single camera setups. the secondary Sensor is useless.

Basicly... what you gain over the Oneplus 6T is a Wideangle lense, and a Zoom lense in addition.

https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_a9_2018-review-1874p5.php

GSM Arena is disappointed in A9's Photos.

They also compare the A9 with a 6T and Pocophone F1 in their Compare tool, for example here with "Low Light": https://www.gsmarena.com/piccmp.php3?idType=5&idPhone1=9344&idPhone2=9350&idPhone3=9293

And for my eyes, the Oneplus 6T crushes the A9. Even the Pocophone F1, which lacks an Optical Image sensor, beats the A9.

The difference gets smaller with good Light, but it's still visible.