AMD Releases NEW Ryzen Embedded CPUs today. "3X performance per watt..."

The Benjamins
16 minutes ago, mr moose said:

I will buy only what I want to buy,

Why don't you say that you would only buy Intel/nVida and only consider AMD if there is no other way.

I have no problem to say that I don't like buying Intel and nVidia stuff, well at least new. (and yes, I bought an i7-4770K for around 277€ + shipping a while back, new but send it back. I also bought a Celeron G1820 with an ASROCK B85 Board, wich I also send back because it wasn't able to power 2 Full HD (or rather 1200p) screens).

Why don't you just say that you prefer Intel/nVidia and don't buy AMD?

Because I still have some Intel/nVidia Components??

End of story,

Yeah, you only buy Intel/nVIdia. Why don't you say so in the first place??

it does not matter if that product is AMD, Nvidia, Intel or even razor. 

If it doesn't matter, why insult people when they criticize Intel/nVidia for shit they done or deceptive practices like the TDP??

If it doesn't matter to you, you'd not do that and agree that Intels TDP Definition is stupid and useles.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

Just now, Stefan Payne said:

Why don't you say that you would only buy Intel/nVida and only consider AMD if there is no other way.

Because that's not what I would do.  You really do have a problem with reading comprehension don't you?

Why don't you just say that you prefer Intel/nVidia and don't buy AMD?

Because it's not true, As I have said too many times.

Yeah, you only buy Intel/nVIdia. Why don't you say so in the first place??

I see a pattern here, can you guess what it is?  That's right, your not reading my posts and keep repeating that same thing.

If it doesn't matter, why insult people when they criticize Intel/nVidia for shit they done or deceptive practices like the TDP??

If it doesn't matter to you, you'd not do that and agree that Intels TDP Definition is stupid and useles.

Because only you think it's deceptive and if you lie to people I will call you out. Because Intel's definition of TDP is not stupid or useless.  That's your failed understanding of TDP speaking.

And why did you even bring that up? What has that got to do with me or anyone else buying the products they want?

I dare say you should read my posts again, because you have missed some very important things.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

13 minutes ago, mr moose said:

Because it's not true, As I have said too many times.

Then why you always defend Intel/nVidia and insult people who criticize Intel/AMD stuff??
That doesn't make any sense.

Because I rarely see you defend AMD at all, on the contrary.

Because Intel's definition of TDP is not stupid or useless.

Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

There is not one way to see it, for you its not stupid, for me it is because I need the TDP to be the normal Industry standard (max. average) because I like Small Form Factor builds. 

For you its not important because you do not do those things.

Its fine to see it different, its not fine to insult people for having a different oppionion about something. And its nothing more than an oppionion.

And in case of Intel TDP, you can love it or you can hate it. Nothing wrong with either of those things. Both have arguments for that.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

15 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

Then why you always defend Intel/nVidia and insult people who criticize Intel/AMD stuff??
That doesn't make any sense.

I don't, you just claim I do. It seems it's easier to call me a fanboy and accuse me of defending Intel than accepting reality.

Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

I always give credit were it's due, I refuse to hype up something that isn't true and I will always give the benefit of the doubt.  That is why you think I don't defend AMD, because largely they don't need defending. 

There is not one way to see it, for you its not stupid, for me it is because I need the TDP to be the normal Industry standard (max. average) because I like Small Form Factor builds. 

It isn't an industry standard and never will be,  That is the problem, every single product or range of products will have it's own specific TDP definition.  They have to because they all do different things in different environments and are built from different materials.  

For you its not important because you do not do those things.

You don't know what I do,  I have a formal education in EE, I am one of the few here who have sat and passed the required tests to call myself a design technician. That is why I know that beyond what TDP is, that there is not official industry specified definition.  It is a specific measurement and spec for a defined condition on a specific product only.

Its fine to see it different, its not fine to insult people for having a different oppionion about something. And its nothing more than an oppionion.

I am sorry if you are insulted when I tell you you are wrong, but if you insist on telling everyone that Intel's TDP is a lie and useless then you are exactly that, wrong.

And in case of Intel TDP, you can love it or you can hate it. Nothing wrong with either of those things. Both have arguments for that.

Actually no,  you can not like it as much as you want, you can be confused by it or even displeased that they don't measure and spec each CPU individually, but you can't claim it is a lie, thereis no argument for that.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Just wanted to say:

The level of Click Bait is getting annoying enough that I stopped reading some articles here and started to look for alternatives to get my tech news.

Not claiming that I am important enough for mods to start doing something about it, but I would certainly hope that this gets addressed at some point. 

Would be lovely if this happens before i actually delete my bookmark for the news forum. This topic certainly brought me closer.

1 hour ago, Stefan Payne said:

That's not what you said.

You said that AMD has to be 30% better and cost 1/3 of nVidia to consider it for you.

And that is the Problem. You demand awesome products from AMD but are not willing to buy AMD Products and rather get ripped off by the other side(s).

Because the Market is Broken, people are indoctrinated to buy "Geforce" and not a graphics card.

You also said that you wouldn't buy AMD Products.

How can the Market work, when people prefer to buy the shittier, more expensive Product?? (for example 1050ti vs RX570)

That's not true. And a completely wrong statement. Also the GTX 680 vs. Radeon HD7970 has proven that the 7970 was the better buy as the performance of the latter is still holding up pretty well while the former could not hold hits performance and has to battle with a lower end competing product than it was originally sold and it was also more expensive than the competing product.

So that has nothing to do with quality, performance or so but with indoctrination of people, who wouldn't want to buy competing Products for whatever bullshit reasons that they were told by the Marketing Depertment.

And if they want a good product and wait to get the best, why is nobody waiting for NAVI?? That is what every reasonable person would do, to wait what the Compettion has to offer and look at what both have to offer.

But wanna bet that Powerconsumption will get less important or totally unimportant once Navi is released?

But hey, why would you want RTX2070 performance for 100€ or more less...

So..... You argument is because they at one time had a better product, then all of their products are better? That's some back-asswards thinking if I've ever seen it. You can blame marketing all you want, but the fact is, Nvidia doesn't overhype their cards as much as AMD has in the past couple of generations. I see so much hype and then what comes out is just another refresh or mid-to-low tier card, that yes, is cheap, but isn't as powerful as other offerings.

And the numbers for the market back my line of reasoning more than yours. I don't buy AMD because there's no reason for me to do so, their product doesn't offer as much performance as Nvidia's product does, even if Nvidia is a shit company with shit policies.

Navi might be good, but if it's a 2070 level performance then..... still lower than what I have, so no real reason for me to buy. Other people might, other people certainly will buy it, but there is a chunk of the market like myself who aren't going to buy it just because it's cheaper, it needs to actually out-perform what we currently have. Some of us are looking for more than "good enough and a good deal". Some people want something from a company that appears to actually be trying.

I hope Navi lives up to the hype. Their GPU division hasn't met the hype in a long time. If I wanted "good enough" I'd go play on Console, which ironically would likely be AMD hardware.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

2 hours ago, mr moose said:

I find nothing wrong with the title. I read it and thought I'd like to know about these new CPU's and so proceeded to read the thread. It did not annoy me that it was about embedded CPU's, in fact I couldn't care less that it wasn't about gen2. It amuses me that so many people made assumptions and then got pissy with other people for it.  You are carrying on like someone was conned into buying AMD shares because of the title.

If people make assumptions based on a deliberately vague title then that's proof of the problem. If it was straight to the point expectations would be met before clicking.

I am not. And you know I'm not. You just don't like that I'm calling out the click bait.

4 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

The v1202b is the only one with 12-25W TDP and 2 Cores/4 Threads.

The Rest of the v1000 series has 4 Cores/8 Threads and 35-54W TDP except for 1605.

Um, yeah...I know.  The entire rest of my post that you cropped out, was me comparing them to the v1202B.  Also, the v1807B has 11 Vega CU's (versus 8 on the v1605B & v1756B), so that's another difference.  I'm simply trying to understand precisely why the 'v' and 'r' series are different.  I thought my post made that pretty clear. 

The other thing I see is that R1000 is advertized for Aerospace & Defense, V1k is not...

So the certifications might be different between those two. That's something that is important for some markets.

They could have just certified the 'v' series instead of creating a whole new line.  Again, not explaining the reason for another product stack.  I'm sure they have a legitimate reason for doing so, I'm just trying to understand what that is.

2 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

You can blame marketing all you want, but the fact is, Nvidia doesn't overhype their cards as much as AMD has in the past couple of generations. I see so much hype

The thing is, most of the hype doesn't come from AMD themselves, it's passed on by so-called "tech journalists" who think they're doing AMD a favor.  Apart from admittedly premature "Poor Volta" line (that was one brief section in a single marketing video), AMD really doesn't hype their products as much as people claim they do.

And i never see you "defend" Intel or NVidia, your "pro" AMD posts effectively boil down to "you HAVE to buy AMD even if you dont want to because they are the underdog, if you don't, you're part of the problem why AMD is still behind"

i ALMOST bought a ryzen CPU (1700x) instead of the 7600k, I chose Intel because at the time of purchase was when RAM speeds and compatibility was all up shit with first gen Ryzen, there was also very few options when it came to itx motherboards for AM4.

People buy what they want with THEIR money, who the hell are you to tell them they are wrong?

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

4 hours ago, Tech Enthusiast said:

Just wanted to say:

The level of Click Bait is getting annoying enough that I stopped reading some articles here and started to look for alternatives to get my tech news.

Not claiming that I am important enough for mods to start doing something about it, but I would certainly hope that this gets addressed at some point. 

Would be lovely if this happens before i actually delete my bookmark for the news forum. This topic certainly brought me closer.

What would you make the title?

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

1 minute ago, Jito463 said:

Not saying it was clickbait, but I would have added "embedded" to the title (which it looks like either you or a mod has already done).

I did, thought the click bait period was enough, I did want to troll people excited for zen 2 stuff.

2 hours ago, The Benjamins said:

I did, thought the click bait period was enough, I did want to troll people excited for zen 2 stuff.

Normally I abhor troll behavior, but given the intensity of responses over it I believe they deserved it.

4 hours ago, The Benjamins said:

Based on the responses here, they need to be trolled a bit.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

On 4/16/2019 at 5:55 PM, TheDankKoosh said:

The v1605 is already very efficient and much more powerful than this, seeing as it is whats being used in the smach z. I'm waiting for 7nm zen 2 with navi for graphics, that's where I think apu will start launching off in many of these embedded machines like we're seeing today. Here's to hoping that zen 2 mobile and embedded apus support ddr4 3000 so they can receive some of the extra bandwidth needed to feed it. 

Unless AMD does somthing funky i'd expect the memory controller for Zen2 Ryzen chips to be on par with the one on the Zen2 EPYC's, which are 3200mhz DDR4.

Its not like my click bait Title was "AMD's Release Next Gen Ryzen CPU  Which destroys intel, preforming 3x fast per watt, is Intel dead?"

6 hours ago, The Benjamins said:

Its not like my click bait Title was "AMD's Release Next Gen Ryzen CPU  Which destroys intel, preforming 3x fast per watt, is Intel dead?"

Are we doing 50 shades of click bait now?

6 hours ago, The Benjamins said:

Well the title is/was completely true though, is it your problem everyone wants it to be something that it wasn't? ?. How many would have come in to thread anyway, I dare say all of them.

2 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Well the title is/was completely true though, is it your problem everyone wants it to be something that it wasn't? ?. How many would have come in to thread anyway, I dare say all of them.

If people can't handle a little disappointment at the hands of their own assumptions then that is their problem. 

9 hours ago, leadeater said:

9 hours ago, mr moose said:

If people can't handle a little disappointment at the hands of their own assumptions then that is their problem. 

Some people are just to sensitive, and maybe they should also cool down there hype.

Also Asrock is making a R1000 NUC

Sadly no 10Gbe.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/asrock-announces-ibox-r1000-amd-nuc,39113.html

aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS82L0MvODMzNTU2L29yaWdpbmFsL2Fzcm9jay1pYm94LXIxMDAwLmpwZw==

14 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

Some people are just to sensitive, and maybe they should also cool down there hype.

Or maybe... Just maybe... People are tired of it. When LTT switched to those annoying run-of-the-mill exaggerated thumbnails half were fine with and half were showing their displeasure.

If it was at least humorous I'd let it slide but when it serves no purpose that's when the pitchforks come out. You could at least add a titty thumbnail if we're going down that route.