AMD Releases NEW Ryzen Embedded CPUs today. "3X performance per watt..."

The Benjamins
6 hours ago, Princess Cadence said:

I mean this is LTT, what would you expect?

So AMD is bringing a competitor to Intel's desktop Pentium line up or is this to compete with laptop i3's?

If it's to come for desktop... what makes this any different than a 200GE?

I would imagine it is for laptops an pico-ITX. Like thin clients, and competitor to Atom/Celeron/Core M

This is aimed right at Intel's C series chips used in NASes, SAN's, Next generation Firewalls, Enterprise Switching equipment and more... its a huge market that AMD use to have a presence in. looks like they are looking to get back in there.

Unless the title was edited I don't see how it is clickbait. 

How else would you title an article about new ryzen CPU's?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

2 minutes ago, mr moose said:

Unless the title was edited I don't see how it is clickbait. 

How else would you title an article about new ryzen CPU's?

Everyone expecting to read news about Zen 2 with the vague headline.

5 minutes ago, Trixanity said:

Everyone expecting to read news about Zen 2 with the vague headline.

That doesn't make it clickbait.  The title would still be the same if there was no expectation of Zen2 soon.

This is the second thread where people have taken issue with a title as if like the title of thread dictates the comments in it.  Slow news week for enthusiasts?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

1 hour ago, mr moose said:

That doesn't make it clickbait.  The title would still be the same if there was no expectation of Zen2 soon.

This is the second thread where people have taken issue with a title as if like the title of thread dictates the comments in it.  Slow news week for enthusiasts?

The title could state what it's actually about. That's the point of a news title. Otherwise it'd be just as well to call it "you won't believe the Ryzen processors AMD just released. This will shock you". It'd be just as accurate and true. A simple case of saying new embedded Ryzen processors or some variant there of would have been the optimal choice.

Granted, I was well aware that it would be click bait before I even clicked on it but bait nevertheless.

Neat?

I'll care when AMD releases a GPU equal to the top tier GTX card, at 1/3rd the price. Even if it requires more power and heat dissipation.

Not like this 1080ti is making this 480mm radiator work hard. Even the poorly performing 7700k on stock clocks is making it work hard.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

2 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

I'll care when AMD releases a GPU equal to the top tier GTX card, at 1/3rd the price.

See, that's the Problem.

Not buying AMD but demanding they make awesome products without money they don't have because YOU don't buy their products, wich leads them to have not enough money, so they can't make products you'd buy.

But you wouldn't buy it anyway, so why mention it at all?!

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

50 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

See, that's the Problem.

Not buying AMD but demanding they make awesome products without money they don't have because YOU don't buy their products, wich leads them to have not enough money, so they can't make products you'd buy.

Why would I buy their product when it's still worse than what I currently have?

Why does the majority of the market (based on Steam Hardware Survey) continue to not buy their product despite being the better "price to performance" as opposed to the "better performance overall"?

The only thing I can think of is "aim high, miss high, aim low, miss lower". AMD comes off as "not trying hard enough" or "being the cheap brand that doesn't perform as well".

You can always argue "but it's cheaper overall", but the numbers bear out the reality. There's more people willing to wait and save and get the product with the better performance, than there are who want to buy the cheaper product "right fucking now." (expletive meant for emphasis, not cussing at you).

At least, if you go off of the Steam Hardware Survey that is.

I'm certain AMD is making money off of their console deals, and as far as I am aware they've outsold Intel in the CPU market, in both consumer and enterprise categories, for the last three quarters. Hell the PS5 was just confirmed to be using their new Ryzen 3000 chips and Navi GPU's. Why they don't just fucking go ahead and release both, tomorrow, is beyond me.

Fuck conferences, fuck everything the marketing department recommends, get some attention by not being predictable. Drop your fucking product out of the blue, and save some money by firing your entire marketing department and assigning it to a single tech savy "intern" who will likely do a better job by just tweeting reviewers and telling the shipping department who they should send review samples to.

I'm serious. If they were to ship review samples tomorrow, Sans NDA, and announce everything on a live stream ASAP, I'd be like "woah they must be confident in this product, they're breaking with the "tradition" of waiting for a big tech conference". Waiting like this just makes me think they know it's not the best, or that they know Nvidia or someone else has something in waiting that will, within two weeks, blow it out of the water.

Edit: Changed "Customer" to "consumer".

Edit the second: Maybe I just hate blatantly obvious marketing strategies and would prefer companies be upfront and not coy about shit. Just tell me what you got, and how much it costs. I'll decide whether or not it's worth my money.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

11 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

Dual 10GBit Ethernet for example, beeing its own Die and an embedded version

The real question is, how do these differ from the v1000 series (such as the ones used in the Bolt, linked to by @The Benjamins)?  They look like a slightly higher clocked version of the Ryzen v1202B (100MHz higher base/boost on the R1505G, 300MHz higher base/boost on the R1606G).  The only real difference I can see is that these are limited to 3 displays, while the v chips can do 4 displays.  Same TDP, core count, Vega CU's (though the R1606G is 200MHz faster GPU), L2/L3 cache, DDR4 speeds and even the dual 10g ethernet.  All of which begs the question, why even make a separate "r series" stack, when they're so similar to the existing "v series"?  Could these just be v chips that didn't quite meet spec, and that's why they can't do 4 displays?

image.png.3d192ddf18c8dec6465744f2bcf2989c.png

What is this chip competing against?

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

3 hours ago, Trixanity said:

The title could state what it's actually about. That's the point of a news title. Otherwise it'd be just as well to call it "you won't believe the Ryzen processors AMD just released. This will shock you". It'd be just as accurate and true. A simple case of saying new embedded Ryzen processors or some variant there of would have been the optimal choice.

Granted, I was well aware that it would be click bait before I even clicked on it but bait nevertheless.

The title does state what's it's about. how doesn't it?  do you need excessive specifics?

3 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

See, that's the Problem.

Your logic is all backwards.   No one should be expected to buy any product for any reason other than their own.  If AMD can't make what a consumer wants then that is their problem, not the consumers.

3 hours ago, williamcll said:

What is this chip competing against?

Low end Intel Atom server SoCs and Celeron J, Apline SoCs, Realtek SoCs etc

5 hours ago, mr moose said:

Your logic is all backwards.   No one should be expected to buy any product for any reason other than their own.  If AMD can't make what a consumer wants then that is their problem, not the consumers.

So you only buy AMD Products when they are 50% Better and cost half as much as Intel and nVidia Products and not when they are good enough and a good deal?

Is that what you're saying?

7 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

Why would I buy their product when it's still worse than what I currently have?

That's not what you said.

You said that AMD has to be 30% better and cost 1/3 of nVidia to consider it for you.

And that is the Problem. You demand awesome products from AMD but are not willing to buy AMD Products and rather get ripped off by the other side(s).

Why does the majority of the market (based on Steam Hardware Survey) continue to not buy their product despite being the better "price to performance" as opposed to the "better performance overall"?

Because the Market is Broken, people are indoctrinated to buy "Geforce" and not a graphics card.

You also said that you wouldn't buy AMD Products.

How can the Market work, when people prefer to buy the shittier, more expensive Product?? (for example 1050ti vs RX570)

There's more people willing to wait and save and get the product with the better performance, than there are who want to buy the cheaper product "right fucking now."

That's not true. And a completely wrong statement. Also the GTX 680 vs. Radeon HD7970 has proven that the 7970 was the better buy as the performance of the latter is still holding up pretty well while the former could not hold hits performance and has to battle with a lower end competing product than it was originally sold and it was also more expensive than the competing product.

So that has nothing to do with quality, performance or so but with indoctrination of people, who wouldn't want to buy competing Products for whatever bullshit reasons that they were told by the Marketing Depertment.

And if they want a good product and wait to get the best, why is nobody waiting for NAVI?? That is what every reasonable person would do, to wait what the Compettion has to offer and look at what both have to offer.

But wanna bet that Powerconsumption will get less important or totally unimportant once Navi is released?

But hey, why would you want RTX2070 performance for 100€ or more less...

16 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

So you only buy AMD Products when they are 50% Better and cost half as much as Intel and nVidia Products and not when they are good enough and a good deal?

Is that what you're saying?

No, I only buy them when I want them over another product.

5 hours ago, mr moose said:

The title does state what's it's about. how doesn't it?  do you need excessive specifics?

It's not in the least specific. It'd be like if it said "Tesla releases new car" with a highly anticipated model right around the corner and then it's just a variant of a current model. It's bait. You know it's bait. The "3x" part doesn't make it any better. It actually makes it worse. It feeds upon expectations.

As I said: say what it's about without being ambiguous. It's actually what's wrong with online news. I would hope you do not support the practice. Please don't disappoint.

7 hours ago, Jito463 said:

The real question is, how do these differ from the v1000 series (such as the ones used in the Bolt, linked to by @The Benjamins)? 

The v1202b is the only one with 12-25W TDP and 2 Cores/4 Threads.

The Rest of the v1000 series has 4 Cores/8 Threads and 35-54W TDP except for 1605.

The other thing I see is that R1000 is advertized for Aerospace & Defense, V1k is not...

So the certifications might be different between those two. That's something that is important for some markets.

Just now, mr moose said:

No, I only buy them when I want them over another product.

So when they are way cheaper and much better than the other side, with little difference you still get the Intel/nV combo, right?

1 minute ago, Trixanity said:

It's not in the least specific. It'd be like if it said "Tesla releases new car" with a highly anticipated model right around the corner and then it's just a variant of a current model. It's bait. You know it's bait. The "3x" part doesn't make it any better. It actually makes it worse. It feeds upon expectations.

As I said: say what it's about without being ambiguous. It's actually what's wrong with online news. I would hope you do not support the practice. Please don't disappoint.

I find nothing wrong with the title. I read it and thought I'd like to know about these new CPU's and so proceeded to read the thread. It did not annoy me that it was about embedded CPU's, in fact I couldn't care less that it wasn't about gen2. It amuses me that so many people made assumptions and then got pissy with other people for it.  You are carrying on like someone was conned into buying AMD shares because of the title.

3 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

So when they are way cheaper and much better than the other side, with little difference you still get the Intel/nV combo, right?

Why are you posting nonsense?

4 minutes ago, mr moose said:

Why are you posting nonsense?

Why aren't you just honest and say in what situations you'd really buy AMD Products.

But since you defend Intel and nVidia so much, for example with the Bullshit TDP Definition from Intel, its hard to believe you'd buy them if they are just as good and not go for the Intel/nVidia System.

PS: Posted from one of my Intel/nVidia Systems (i7-3930K with GT710).

I have two AMD/AMD Systems and two Intel/Intel Systems in use right now.

DO you have any AMD component right now?

Just now, Stefan Payne said:

Why aren't you just honest and say in what situations you'd really buy AMD Products.

But since you defend Intel and nVidia so much, for example with the Bullshit TDP Definition from Intel, its hard to believe you'd buy them if they are just as good and not go for the Intel/nVidia System.

PS: Posted from one of my Intel/nVidia Systems (i7-3930K with GT710).

What is wrong with you? first you claim people should buy AMD because if they don't AMD won't have the money to produce anything people do want, then you accuse me of only buying one brand regardless and being disingenuous about it when all I said was I will not buy a product I don't want only to support a failing company.

I will buy only what I want to buy, I will not buy a sub par product for my needs just because the company needs the money,  if they want my money then they have to provide me the product I want.  End of story, it does not matter if that product is AMD, Nvidia, Intel or even razor.  That is how the economy works, that is how voting with your wallet works that is how you provide the carrot that prompts companies to produce bigger better products.