Question about AIOs temperature

Hello guys,

First time posting here, also tried the buildapc reddit forum.I have a problem with my current build and I am hoping this is the right place to post and that you can help me.

Current PC setup:

• Motherboard - ASUS ROG Maximus X Formula

• CPU - Intel I7 8700K (non OC, I did not tinker with its frequency)

• PSU - Corsair HX850i

• RAM - 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB

• GPU - GigaByte AORUS RTX 2080Ti Extreme WaterForce AIO

• Case - Corsair 570x Mirror Crystal Black

• CPU cooler - Corsair H150i Pro

Fan Placement:

• Front Intake (H150i pro 360mm Rad) - 3 x Corsair LL 120mm RGB Fans

• Top Exhaust (RTX 2080ti AIO 240mm Rad) - 2 x Corsair LL 120mm RGB Fans

• Back Exhaust - 1x Corsair LL 120mm RGB Fan

A while ago I have bought the GPU and mounted the radiator in its current position. My plan is to game at 4k @ 60 fps, but I didn't buy yet a 4k monitor yet because currently I have no more money :). Current PC looks:

https://imgur.com/a/sJxnyM0

https://imgur.com/a/vuf9nPL

The problem: The only game on which I have and used it for testing was Destiny 2 and using its Render Resolution option set at 200%, which makes it 4k and downscales it to my 1080p monitor. I did not try any synthetic tests. When I start the PC, both the CPU and GPU idle at ~33C. Using AIDA64 applet on my G19 keyboard screen to monitor the GPU and CPU load and temps, with an ambient temperature of around 25C I have:

• GPU load varies between 60-88% depending on the scene and the temp were between ~55C - ~65C, fans were at ~1500RPM and pretty audible.

• CPU load was around 55% with temperatures also around 54C-55C, fans were at ~1000RPM and pump is set at max RMP which is 2160.

These temperatures were achieved with the case top and front glass panels removed so they don't obstruct air flow (not a fan of removing the panels). I have tried to move the GPU aio fans on top for intake, but I can not lower the GPU radiator because it hits the tubes from the Corsair Hydro.

My questions:

1. Are these temperatures normal given the current situation? I was hoping that GPU and CPU would not pass 60C. I am scared of the temps it will reach in Metro Exodus with RTX on? I have based my opinion on the similar posts:    /r/nvidia/comments/a4kssc/aorus_2080ti_waterforce_aio_first_impressions/   /r/nvidia/comments/b7o2pw/gigabyte_aorus_2080_ti_waterforce_review_avoid/

2. I thought that maybe I massively screwed myself going with AIOs and should have tried building a custom loop( never did before). I found posts with custom builds in the same case with different results. Some have same or worse temps than my AIOs, other have -10C difference.   /r/watercooling/comments/9si4s6/water_cooling_temps/   /r/watercooling/comments/9tzcm3/are_my_temps_acceptable/   /r/watercooling/comments/7v0r0r/first_water_loop_build_corsair_570x/.

I have a spare Corsair 900D case. Is it worth trying my luck at building a custom loop for my PC in that case? Is a custom loop which prevents both the CPU and GPU of going above 60C when heavily gaming at 4K, doable?

Initially I wanted to go with the RGB looks and hassle-free water cooling, but now after seeing the temps I do not feel satisfied.

Any help/tips are appreciated. Thanks

why are you so scared of 60C?... 60C is perfectly fine temps. 

If you want to go cooler start by turning up the fans. 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Temps look fine to me. As Banasplit_00 said, want lower, ramp up your fans but they seem quite excellent. What CPU temperature do you get when stress testing using AIDA64 though... I bet it's quite a bit higher than 55°C :)

8 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

My expertise in this area is very minimum. Based on what I read in different posts, I thought that I could get below 60C with low noise. Did I get a wrong impression?

56 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

a 2080Ti starts lowering clocks towards base speeds above 50c. This I would say is a bit abnormal for the GPU at least, I have a 7700k OC to 5.15GHz at 1.46v(horrible bin) running at 65-80c in games in the same loop as my 2080Ti at +135c +600m with a max I've gotten so far of 56c in benchmarks not games, they stick closer to 52ish. with a single 360 rad as intake on my case and a single 120mm exhaust fan.  EK waterblock on gpu. I push a lot of heat into my loop I I don't think they should be getting that warm.

I'll also add 2 things. RTX on isn't going to make it run hotter. The ONLY time you should actually worry about temps is if you're hitting thermal throttle which you aren't close to.

If you're not worried about it you could always try reapplying paste on the GPU maybe they cheaped out or got poor coverage/mounting pressure. Or just contact their support, it is still under warranty.

1 hour ago, IlSandManIl said:

My expertise in this area is very minimum. Based on what I read in different posts, I thought that I could get below 60C with low noise. Did I get a wrong impression?

AIOs aren't especially low noise. I don't know the performance of those parts in particular but I wouldn't expect custom block performance

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Not really seeing anything that would raise questions with the temps you are getting.  I would double check the ambient temps of the benchmarks you are comparing against, this can contribute to the variance you saw.  You can also try adjusting the pump speed in the iCUE software and see if that helps out.  There should be three different settings, with Extreme being the highest.

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

https://support.corsair.com/

18 hours ago, Corsair Nick said:

Not really seeing anything that would raise questions with the temps you are getting.  I would double check the ambient temps of the benchmarks you are comparing against, this can contribute to the variance you saw.  You can also try adjusting the pump speed in the iCUE software and see if that helps out.  There should be three different settings, with Extreme being the highest.

Those temps are excellent, no need to stress about it for another second.  Mostly everyone on LTT when running Aida64 stability test reach 70's c which is still not dangerous.  Once you get closer to 100c the CPU will shut off protecting is from dying.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card