How to charge a macbook without a charger!?

ViruZ_HUN

Have you used magic?

MSI Z87-GD65 - GTX 760 DirectCU II - i5 4670k @4.0GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866 MHz

cute some wires up, maybe some old 12v cell phone charges and wire it into your mac

[ Cruel Angel ]:     Exterior  -   BENQ XL2420T   |   SteelSeries MLG Sensei   |   Corsair K70 RED   |   Corsair 900D  |                                                                                                    CPU:    -   4.7Ghz @ 1.425v             |

Interior    -   i7 4770k   |    Maximus VI Formula    |   Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB    |   ASUS GTX 980 Strix SLIx2  |  840 Pro 512Gb    |    WD Black 2TB  |           RAM:   -   2400Mhz OC @ 1.650v    |

Cooling   -   XSPC 120mm x7 Total Radiator Space   |   XSPC RayStorm    |    PrimoChill Tubing/Res  |                                                                                             GPU:   -   1000Mhz @ 1.158            |

• 2 years later...

sad to see how many people troll when someone needs help o.O
If you know something about electricity you can try 

On 1/22/2014 at 10:55 PM, Zeruel said:

cute some wires up, maybe some old 12v cell phone charges and wire it into your mac

On 1/22/2014 at 8:10 AM, ViruZ_HUN said:

Hello!

I need quick answers!. I have very important Homework to do!

I lost my charger, today i was on a lesson in school today, And my classmates and my had a show to go on, the room we left was open, and every toke their computers and me to but i forgot the charger, when i went back it was gone, i was looking for ti all day, and asked bunch of people!. But nothing. <moderated>

Yes i am damn angry becuze i get no points if i dont do the homework.

So my question is.

How can i charge my Macbook without a charger?, i have no time to buy a new one

You can only buy one. Do you think the electricity is going to get in to that computer with magic? Id check Amazon and maybe overnight it if you need it that bad. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

• 3 years later...
On 1/22/2014 at 7:10 PM, ViruZ_HUN said:

Hello!

I need quick answers!. I have very important Homework to do!

I lost my charger, today i was on a lesson in school today, And my classmates and my had a show to go on, the room we left was open, and every toke their computers and me to but i forgot the charger, when i went back it was gone, i was looking for ti all day, and asked bunch of people!. But nothing. <moderated>

Yes i am damn angry becuze i get no points if i dont do the homework.

So my question is.

How can i charge my Macbook without a charger?, i have no time to buy a new one

If your macbook have USB Type-C charging port then you can charge your Macbook by your Android Type-C Charger or You can also charge using your iPhone charger, but that's not the permanent solution for you. You have to buy a charger for your macbook. 

10 minutes ago, Fajle Rabbi said:

If your macbook have USB Type-C charging port then you can charge your Macbook by your Android Type-C Charger or You can also charge using your iPhone charger, but that's not the permanent solution for you. You have to buy a charger for your macbook. 

Not really. The Macbook Air uses a 65W charger, the MacBook Pros a 95W charger. An iPhone one is like... 12W. Also you'd need a USB type A to USB type C cable, AFAIK they still all come with USB type A as an out. Android chargers often have Type C, but 1) still a way lower wattage and 2) you still need a USB-C to USB-C cable. 

If you have a MacBook that wants Magsafe, there isn't an alternative at all. You get a Magsafe charger or you don't charge the Mac. 

OP, you have to just buy another charger and get it overnighted like @Donut417 suggested. There's.... not really a way to charge a thing without the thing to charge it. 

EDIT: also good god, didn't check the dates lmao. Saw this in recents, didn't realize the OG thread is from 2014 ?

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch