GeForce RTX 2080 + Intel UHD 630 iGPU enabled together

evo4ever

Hello all.

Just a quick question.. In my mobo's BIOS I've got PEG and iGPU enabled at the same time. Should I uninstall the Intel iGPU graphics drivers and disable iGPU in the BIOS or should I keep them running side by side? Is there any advantage of doing this? Help appreciated. Thanks!

igpupeg.png

I would keep the intel drivers in case the GPU drivers fail. That can happen. Iv had a windows update break drivers a few times over the years. As it stands they are just not being used.

10 minutes ago, evo4ever said:

Hello all.

Just a quick question.. In my mobo's BIOS I've got PEG and iGPU enabled at the same time. Should I uninstall the Intel iGPU graphics drivers and disable iGPU in the BIOS or should I keep them running side by side? Is there any advantage of doing this? Help appreciated. Thanks!

Pros:

quick sync encoding, multi monitor using igpu

Cons:

Slightly increased heat output maybe?

Some ram is reserved for iGPU.

I leave mine enabled.

Wouldn't it be cool if the GPU side of the CPU could help the GFX card in games and perhaps increase performance, sort of like SLI style rendering!

EDIT: In theory could this be possible? It seems like the GPU capabilities of the CPU are wasted when you use an add-in GPU. The iGPU just sits there doing nothing when it could be utilised elsewhere. Just seems like a big waste of silicone to me!