Hi,

I just bought a Noctua NH-L9x65 cooler fro Newegg. I need to know if it will mount to a HP 3500 Pro motherboard. I ha a I7-3770 installed on it and it get hot. Reaches 80c. My cooler uses 4 mounting screws to secure it. It does not use the plastic locking pins. The cooler come with screw in studs, will they work. The back plat doesn't appear to be interchangeable, meaning that the Noctua backplate won't work. Also I upgraded the 80mm fan to a 95 mm Noctua NF-A9 14. I think that the Noctua cooler will help if it will mount. I have modded the hell out of the HP Compaq d220MT case for airflow and backplate access which the ladder of the 2 seems pointless. Pictures are somewhat different from now. I had the modded case and switched things over to it.

IMG_0331.JPG

IMG_0320.JPG

IMG_0329.JPG

This PC is triggering my OCD.... I don’t even have OCD! But yes, HP Pro Motherboards usually fit most aftermarket coolers. (Please clean up your case, just a little at least?)

14 minutes ago, Burnedice25 said:

(Please clean up your case, just a little at least?)

Far from the worst I've seen but I agree (I had a Frankenstein which I'll send if I can find, it had the water-cooler hanging out suspended by it's cables, with the fan secured by runner bands, and the two drives completely without mounting). Not much you can do with a non-modular PSU and really really strange aftermarket modded mounting mechanisms.

Honestly dude, please, get a cheap case and try to fit that MB, it hurts to see a cannibalized stock case like this, it's not even got a fancy paint job. Give it the glorious 80's spray paint plasti-dip treatment and show it some fashion and love.

My profile picure is real. That's what I look like in real life. I'm actually a blue and white African Wild Dog.

Ryzen 9 5900X - MSI Ventus 2x OC 3060 Ti - 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz CL16 - ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax

EVGA CLC 280 + 2x140mm NF-A14 - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + WD Black SN750 1TB - Windows 11/10 - EVGA Supernova G3 1000W

Unfortunately there is no cable management.  I've tried, nowhere to put them. Aftermarket cases are cheap AF. It's a sleeper with the front on it. a good future upgrade is a case. Just not some crappy Antec for 30 dollars. At least that one is made of steel. Also a fan grill for the side would help. This might be a good ugliest PC. 350D would be a option if it still existed. Function over form. Still work in progress. What can you do with cables when it is 7 inches wide. Inspired by Scapyardwars. To think I got a HD 7970 to fit in something like this at one time. It works for now. Better with a better cooler. Cooling is hard in something  that small and outdated. In the end, I am just looking for 60 FPS in GTA5 on High settings, not Very High.

12 hours ago, Eric Kazer said:

Unfortunately there is no cable management.  I've tried, nowhere to put them. Aftermarket cases are cheap AF. It's a sleeper with the front on it. a good future upgrade is a case. Just not some crappy Antec for 30 dollars. At least that one is made of steel. Also a fan grill for the side would help. This might be a good ugliest PC. 350D would be a option if it still existed. Function over form. Still work in progress. What can you do with cables when it is 7 inches wide. Inspired by Scapyardwars. To think I got a HD 7970 to fit in something like this at one time. It works for now. Better with a better cooler. Cooling is hard in something  that small and outdated. In the end, I am just looking for 60 FPS in GTA5 on High settings, not Very High.

maybe consider the Corsair H50 or H55. Clearly you can mod your case to make it fit, so (unlike mine was) it won't hang out of the side of the case suspended by its wires.

My profile picure is real. That's what I look like in real life. I'm actually a blue and white African Wild Dog.

Ryzen 9 5900X - MSI Ventus 2x OC 3060 Ti - 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz CL16 - ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax

EVGA CLC 280 + 2x140mm NF-A14 - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + WD Black SN750 1TB - Windows 11/10 - EVGA Supernova G3 1000W

Looks like you need to use some drill there. Stock cooler seems to be bolted in place. If you can't remove stock cooler, you can't install Noctua. All Noctua's use backplate, and while this cooler would install on top of existing mount, yours is too big to fit under the aftermarket one.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I got piissed of and used sheet metal screws that fit extremely snug and got the brackets to bottom on the black spacers. Right now I've been stress testing with CPUz and it has so far after 20 minutes hit Max of 66c on package. I think that is cooler than the stock Itel was idling. So far Nothing has snapped. At 8:40 I will stop and see temps drop. I start 10 after 8. It hit 67c. I am giving time to drop It's already in 40's and dropping. High 30s at 8:42.  It's in mid to high 30's now. Around 35 to 38c. Cooler is keeping up. Way better than Intel stock cooler. Now at 8:47 after stopping test 33 to 35c. Hope those screws hold up, and I am not proud of using that beefy stock back plate with sheet metal screws.

See if a Heaven test can break it. Doing bench mark to see if system will heat things up with CPU. Scored 1575 in 1080p on High. CPU was in 40s when I left Heaven. Card hit 72c. I will see GTA 5 after I eat dinner. I was getting 60 FPS on High settings with stock. Just High no very high setting. Should use CPU and GPU to make heat. Max on CPU did not hit anywhere past 67c and GPU did not go past 72 c from other tests. This was after 30 minutes of GTA 5.  Case is cool to touch too. Much better results.

Need to try to do cable management. Also I hope my shitty mounting method holds up. It did seem secure. Also fan grill for side fan.

At around 33c at 10:15 letting it idle while I ate Dinner.

IMG_0332.JPG