No Display Output

Carrt23
Go to solution Solved by thedangerine,

I would first try clearing the cmos, if that doesn't work try booting without your graphics card, try with different ram slots, try with just one stick of ram and then the other, if at some point you can get into the bios make sure you have the proper version as 300 series boards usually require a bios update for 2nd gen chips

Let me know of any updates

I turn my PC on, it boots fine (I think) but no output gets displayed on my monitor. HDMI with my graphics card or onboard graphics does not work at all. When I use Displayport with my graphics card, the screen will start to wake, then go off. This continues in a loop. During this loop, my monitor will not allow me to access the settings or turn it off. I do not have a chance to see anything on the screen, I cannot even see the bios. Monitor works fine with my xbox.

I fixed this problem once when I reseated ram trying to determine if I had a faulty stick or dimm. Worked for 2 days and hasnt since then.

Specs: 

Motherboard - Asrock fatal1ty ab350 mini itx

CPU - AMD ryzen 5 2400g

Ram - 2x8gb g.skill ripjaws 3000

GPU - AMD rx 580

PSU - Corsair cx650 650w

I would first try clearing the cmos, if that doesn't work try booting without your graphics card, try with different ram slots, try with just one stick of ram and then the other, if at some point you can get into the bios make sure you have the proper version as 300 series boards usually require a bios update for 2nd gen chips

Let me know of any updates

Optical Drive Poll: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1006309-optical-drive-survey/

Main Rig (Pulsar)

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X MOBO: MSI MEG X570 Unify RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RG(4x8gb) 3200Mhz 16-16-16-32 GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Chromax (LTT Edition) Storage: Intel 6000p 128gb boot drive, Intel 665p 1tb (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1tb, Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Tempered Glass PSU: EVGA SupeNOVA G1+ 750W OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit  

FreeNAS Server (The Vault)

CPU: Xeon E5-2603 v3 MOBO: MSI X99 Tomahawk RAM: G.Skill Aegis (4x8gb) 3000Mhz 16-18-18-38 GPU: EVGA GT 710 Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Storage: Intel S3520 x2 for boot, x16 in RAIDZ for storage, Seagate Ironwolf 2tb (Striped will be a steam cache) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Tempered Glass PSU: Corsair CX750 750W

I've tried all. The board came as "second gen ryzen ready" and I was using it with no problems besides a regular BSOD after a windows update (another fixed it). I'm so confused as to what caused it as the problem arised randomly when I was doing homework. I was finishing up a hand written draft of an essay when the monitor went to sleep then never fully woke back up.

Nvm. Just fixed it

Edited by Carrt23
I fixed it

Do you have another screen to try? (Even an HDTV would work just to test) Possible the monitor died. I’ve had it happen to me twice where it will stay on and technically light up a black screen but won’t actually display an image. (Happened to me with a Dell and an acer monitor)

EDIT - I just saw you said it works with your XBOX.

I vote for BIOS update.

5 minutes ago, dDave64 said:

Do you have another screen to try? (Even an HDTV would work just to test) Possible the monitor died. I’ve had it happen to me twice where it will stay on and technically light up a black screen but won’t actually display an image. (Happened to me with a Dell and an acer monitor)

The monitor works. I play my xbox on it every day. Thank you tho. I actually just got it to work. When I was booting with 1 stick, I had it in the wrong slot. It works with 1 stick and still works when I add the other.