BSOD everytime i watch a video

Jrobertson

Hey guys so all of a sudden ive been getting BSOD everytime i watch a video on netflix or youtube. Ive never had any problems with BSOD before. After about 2 minutes of the video it BSOD. The error code is 0x000000f4.

"There's a hardware problem with the boot drive, or a device driver has a bug or a critical service was stopped."

It's in quotes, because google told me this. ^^

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

"There's a hardware problem with the boot drive, or a device driver has a bug or a critical service was stopped."

It's in quotes, because google told me this. ^^

So my SSD is going to die?

So my SSD is going to die?

Could be. Have you changed any parts recently? Like Mobo ot CPU or something?

Could be. Have you changed any parts recently? Like Mobo ot CPU or something?

Im using a pre-built laptop

Im using a pre-built laptop

hmm, ok. Again, could be your SSD or a driver issue. Maybe do a virus scan, just to be sure?

Pre-built? Means everything is broke. dead. throw it away its useless now 

c6f.png

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity; when many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert Pirsig 

But seriously, try reformat before you do anything hasty with it buddy.

Do you have a webcam? 

if its a prebuilt cam go to your devices and disable it then try run the flash player...

When it says hardware it means anything. Could be the smallest thing. Don't panic.

Also is it just youtube videos? How about when you try on noobroom9.com or whatever?

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity; when many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert Pirsig 

But seriously, try reformat before you do anything hasty with it buddy.

Do you have a webcam?

if its a prebuilt cam go to your devices and disable it then try run the flash player...

When it says hardware it means anything. Could be the smallest thing. Don't panic.

Also is it just youtube videos? How about when you try on noobroom9.com or whatever?

Ive disabled the webcam but it still failed. i got this error message

post-45227-13903960320303_thumb.jpg

Reformat.

Whichever your os is in buddy.

Hey guys so all of a sudden ive been getting BSOD everytime i watch a video on netflix or youtube. Ive never had any problems with BSOD before. After about 2 minutes of the video it BSOD. The error code is 0x000000f4.

Probably your drive. Get it RMAed.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

Probably your drive. Get it RMAed.

my warranty has expired, so should i just get a new C drive and put windows 8 on that?

my warranty has expired, so should i just get a new C drive and put windows 8 on that?

I would just buy a new SSD and reinstall windows on that. Although there could be other factors like ram, or the cpu/gpu. And since you have a notebook, if its cpu or gpu, you have to buy a new one. Just hope its the drive.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

I would just buy a new SSD and reinstall windows on that. Although there could be other factors like ram, or the cpu/gpu. And since you have a notebook, if its cpu or gpu, you have to buy a new one. Just hope its the drive.

Does this mean anything?Posted Image

Try Reformating your drive, and reinstall your OS. If you have something you want to keep, you should back that stuff up.

EDIT: Saw you new pic just now, Do you know if you have one or two physical drives?

Does this mean anything?5e7y4u3u.jpg

I never used a dell before so I can't quite tell what that does, but it looks like the HDD is the issue. I'm just assuming though.

I never used a dell before so I can't quite tell what that does, but it looks like the HDD is the issue. I'm just assuming though.

Yeah it could be wrecked or there is just a loose connection (hopefully just a loose connection)

Yeah it could be wrecked or there is just a loose connection (hopefully just a loose connection)

HDD's aren't that expensive, but if you need to buy a new one make sure that you buy the right size, some of the newer laptops use an even thinner drive than the standard laptop sized drives.

HDD's aren't that expensive, but if you need to buy a new one make sure that you buy the right size, some of the newer laptops use an even thinner drive than the standard laptop sized drives.

lol ik. its just my dad will freak out when i tell him we have to open the computer

lol ik. its just my dad will freak out when i tell him we have to open the computer

I think DELL make their laptops reasonably easy to open. Usually some screws, and some help from a flat headed screwdriver, plastic cover pops off.

The drive should be in plain sight, undo the screws chuck a new drive in there, screws back in, job done. Remember to have your OS disk/flash drive handy.

reinstall gpu drivers and install them again if not do a windows update or update the video program. do a health chek of the hdd or sdd.

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

OK OK there is a lot of misinformation going on in this thread.

Now from my point of view if the HDD is failing "red X" the dell hardware test its the hard drive that's at fault. No type of formatting or doing a new clean install will fix this issue.

If you wanted to be really sure download a program called Seatools for Windows, run a short DST if it passes run a long DST and if it fails either then that's more evidence of the HDD being at fault and time to get yourself a new one

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)