Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TimsTips

I hate to say this... but I need an Apple-like keyboard.

Posted · Original PosterOP

I used mac keyboards for like 20 years and now I can't type on anything else. I really like my Corsair keyboard with cherry MX and all that stuff but I just stumble over the keys.

I really like the keyboard on my new apple macbook air or whatever it is called. I don't want to buy an Apple one though since it'll cost $130 and break in six months, and it's not even backlit.

Are there any gaming keyboards that have low profile keys like the Apple ones do?

Get used to the Corsair keyboard.

When I bought my K55, I was moving from a different keyboard and I khsut saltumbled aofk ll over the palce, like uyou did. I got used it to it within an hour or two, however.

RYZEN 5 1500X | 8GB DDR4 | RX 570 4GB | OPTANE SSD 8 58GB | 240GB SSD | CORSAIR 88R

Posted · Original PosterOP

I thought that I would as well but I'm like six months in now and I still mistype constantly. I have to look at the keyboard to type now where I didn't have to before. I have short fingers too which might have something to do with it.

1 minute ago, TimsTips said:

I thought that I would as well but I'm like six months in now and I still mistype constantly. I have to look at the keyboard to type now where I didn't have to before. I have short fingers too which might have something to do with it.

I think the Apple wired keyboards (same thing as a pre-2016 iMac Magic Keyboard/2012 MacBook Pro keyboard, but with a numpad) can work with windows, should look into that. 

If you wanna discuss the X58 platform and get tips and advice: General X58 Xeon/i7 discussion. If you want to discuss old Star Wars games like Battlefront II and KOTOR, check out my thread: Anyone still playing old Star Wars games? 

Long live his RGBness, @Damascus! And Fractal Design/SeaSonic dude, @Ordinarily_Greater is awesome as well! Also the man who introduced me to the glorious XCMR, @WhisperingKnickers.

X99 rig:

Spoiler

CPU: 5820K at 4.5-4.6Ghz, working on getting my OC 100% stable
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S
Motherboard: EVGA Classified X99
Memory: 32GB (4x8GB) HyperX Predator 3200MHz DDR4
Storage: 120GB HyperX Savage SSD, 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm HDDs
GPU: Radeon VII
Case: Corsair Air 540, Black
PSU: EVGA 1000W G3

X58 rig: 

Spoiler

CPU: X5670 at 4.56GHz/1.5v for now, planning to push higher on that voltage

CPU Cooler: Heatkiller IV CPU block and custom loop with 360mm slim rad
Motherboard: EVGA Classified 4-Way SLI X58 motherboard
Memory: 24GB HyperX Savage DDR3 (Red). Running ~1600MHz 10-10-10-28 for now, it'll to 9-9-9-24 but I'm planning to push to 2000MHz, thus the looser timings. 

Storage: ADATA SU800 128GB SSD, HyperX Savage 120GB SSD
GPU: MSI Gaming X 1080 Ti 11G 
Case: Mountain Mods mobo tray, PSU mount off etsy, some rad mounting hardware and a board of plywood and such from Lowes. 
PSU: Corsair RM1000i

Laptop:

Spoiler

Clevo P750TM1-G
Random Celeron, 8700K died so I gotta get my hands on an i5 8400

16GB 2400MHz DDR4

GTX 1070

250GB 960 Evo, 2TB Seagate Firecuda, 1TB Seagate Barracuda Pro